Marital trouble? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Marital trouble?

SixHazmats
04-13-2005, 08:31
I've been having trouble getting a comfortable left handed grip due to my wedding band. I've also had trouble in the past with my wedding band scratching up my pistol grips (Is this legally grounds for divorce?). Sometimes I catch myself readjusting my grip, in the middle of shooting, just to accommodate the ring. My weak hand seems to grip my strong hand right over the ring, pressing it into the grip. The obvious answer is to take the ring off while shooting, but I know it's just a matter of time before I loose it. Since I know I'll be wearing the thing in any real self-defense situation, I might as well train with it on. I've tried the Hogue grips on my Glocks and this helps a little, but still feels a little uncomfortable. Even my revolvers now wear Hogues because I kept scratching up my nice wood grips. Have any of you lefties had to change your grip style to accommodate the ring? Short of divorce or wrapping my fingers up in duck tape, I haven't found any other solutions. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks.

RB

creekerdoug
04-13-2005, 19:30
I've been married a long time (18 yrs) and haven't worn a wedding ring since the first six months or so. I was visiting a shipyard and saw one of the shipyard guys get his ring caught. His finger was almost pulled completely off. I haven't worn a ring since.

Of course, the Mrs. and I aren't exactly Ozzie and Harriet either. Only the older guys and girls will get that reference.

joemerchant24
04-26-2005, 12:26
I don't know if it'll help with the grip, but a piece of tape aroudn the ring should help with the marking up of the grips.

Maybe a nice cushy Hogue or Pachmayr grip that the ring can sink into?

And I thought the Osbournes were Ozzy and Sharon?

;z ;z ;z

j/k

I'm old enough to remember Ricky's parents.

Wulfenite
04-26-2005, 22:53
It only bothers me when I fire more than a dozzen shots, then its starts to agrivate a spot. So I generally wait till it agrivates its spot then I take it off for the remainder of the training session. I figure its no factor for a self defense situation.

As far as the finish wear, I dont do the showpiece gun thing. If I was shooting someone elses fancy gun I'd take it off.

dport
04-29-2005, 07:32
Same situation here. I'm looking for a gold chain to wear the ring on.