First turkey [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First turkey

Roger C
04-13-2005, 12:21
OK, so I can stop being jealous of all you guys posting about the turkeys you got this Spring. Just got one this morning, a realy beauty. I'll get some pictures up soon. What a great time!!

;D

Michigun
04-19-2005, 07:49
Good show man... don't forget the pictures!!! ;f

Roger C
04-22-2005, 08:56
Finally got some pictures loaded:
http://home.comcast.net/~rconlin3/Rogernbird.jpg

noway
04-22-2005, 12:40
Nice bird, what gun and what load did you use?

Michigun
04-22-2005, 12:47
VERY cool sir!

What are the specs on that bad boy?

nyredneck
04-24-2005, 09:55
nice bird! Man I can't wait till may 1st!! You Sir, have made me jealous!;f

Roger C
04-25-2005, 10:35
That's a Mossberg 935, just got it this Spring in time for the gobblers. Added Tru-glo sights & a ported x-full choke, otherwise it's all stock. Stuffed it with Remington High Velocity 3" magnum turkey shells. Snapped his neck like a freight train hit him.

I weighed him at about 22lbs (used the bathroom scale, not very precise), beard was a little over 9". I'm having him mounted, so I'm waiting on the rain to let up around here to go out and try to get another one for the dinner table.

Michigun
04-25-2005, 12:58
Originally posted by Roger C
I weighed him at about 22lbs (used the bathroom scale, not very precise), beard was a little over 9". I'm having him mounted...

How are you having him mounted? Full mount? Just “fan, feet & beard” or another way?

This is how I had my big (“big” as in beard length) tom mounted back in 03; it's a "turkey rug" only with the wings thrown in: (I like how it turned out & all, but kinda wish I had turned him into a full-strut mount...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/t1.jpg

Roger C
04-27-2005, 12:28
I've never seen a mount like that, it's pretty interesting! I'm having mine done in full strut, which means I get to wait forever and then take up a bunch of room when it's finally done. ;) My sister teased me about having a turkey head mounted on the wall, had to explain a little bit about how that works....

I got a fan mount kit the other day, counting my turkeys before they're whacked on getting a second one. Went out this morning and had a couple answer calls, but we couldn't get close. Have to give it one more try (at least) before the season wraps up.

f1b32oPTic
04-29-2005, 09:30
you lucky bastards and your huge turkeys!;f ;Y