Where do you buy your guns? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your guns?

Flat top
04-14-2005, 14:28
Okay, unless I missed it, there isn't a thread about the best places to buy in Texas.

If you are in central Texas, you can get your Glocks from Yankee Gunsmith. I bought two Glocks there a couple of years ago and he has both LEO and military pricing. When I was looking, I couldn't even find the G23, let alone at a reasonable price. Someone slipped me his phone number while I was in a pawn shop looking. I called him and he had several in stock at $429 (military price). His prices have gone up, but I just checked the site and it's $435 for military, $398 for LEO. That's for the fixed sight models.
http://justglocks.com/index.html

Where do you buy your guns?

Flat top

jwalk2515
04-15-2005, 16:53
SPS guns in Carrollton for new or FTF for nongovernmental oversite.

dglockster
04-15-2005, 21:33
Bachman Gun and Pawn Shop on W. NW Highway in Dallas - down by Bachman Lake.

MrMex
04-16-2005, 18:11
Haven't found a reasonably priced place in San Antonio so I get from other members or Gunsamerica.I would like to buy locally but don't feel like getting bent over at the same time.;P

geminicricket
04-16-2005, 18:20
www.sportingarms.com

is in Lewisville.

The website has some specials on it. That's where I bought my guns.

CoolHandMoe
04-16-2005, 19:02
I've heard good things about Yankee Gunsmith in Copperas Cove. Thinking about getting a 23 there. Which is better deal, Glock night sights or Trijicon ? Website is www.justglocks.com , check price list. I'll be getting a retired military buddy to buy for me with his discount.

Glenn E. Meyer
04-19-2005, 08:29
Gun shows are the way to go in San Antonio. For standard items, once a month works.

You can get a Glock 19 for about $459. I looked at the Justglocks site and their price to regular guys was $500. That's the same price as Academy here.

RenegadeGlocker
04-19-2005, 08:55
Originally posted by Glenn E. Meyer
Gun shows are the way to go in San Antonio. For standard items, once a month works.

Same in DFW.

Even the retail guys who do shows still sell cheaper at shows. For example, Bachman is $1795 for HK Mark23 at retail and it was $1695 at recent show. Same with Glocks - $429 at show, $449 retail.

BobRicks
04-19-2005, 12:42
At the last Big Town show, Bachmans was asking 449 for glocks with regular sights, and had some with Mep. night sights for 499. I went with the night sight model for only 50 more.

CDP1911
04-24-2005, 21:06
For me one of these 3 dealers is going to have a great deal sooner or later(in no particular order)

schramms ammo and weapons

Doc Walther

Sporting Arms

jgarcia02
04-25-2005, 01:45
Dury's Guns in San Antonio is a good place to deal with. I have dealt with them in the past and they aren't too bad. Their prices are not GREAT, but they are competitive.

Info on http://www.durysguns.com

Glenn E. Meyer
04-25-2005, 10:14
I like Dury's. I bought a gun from them on lay-away. The extra price ($20) was worth the convenience. They are also pleasant and the store is well laid out.

I hate the stores where you can't see the stock.

APD
04-26-2005, 13:15
I buy in Austin,though I live in SA they suck at sales here. I buy at gun shows and a few stores in Austin. SA has a good range or two but don't buy stuff here.

shu
04-26-2005, 16:46
if y'r in the lower rio grande valley, stop at glick twins on us business 83in pharr, tx. big store, lotsa stuff, good prices (bought two rifles and two handguns there so far) - and they sprung for much needed new signs at the pharr shooting range. thanks, glick twins.

lecherro69
05-06-2005, 15:18
GUN SHOW GUN SHOW GUN SHOW
Most of the dealers are there and prices tend to be a little better.
Plus Ammo, Gear, Accesories They got it all

MrMex
05-06-2005, 19:39
Originally posted by lecherro69
GUN SHOW GUN SHOW GUN SHOW
Most of the dealers are there and prices tend to be a little better.
Plus Ammo, Gear, Accesories They got it all

I hear ya, I already made up my mind that the only thing Im buying from the shops in town accessories, MAYBE. Ill be there this weekend with my gf and brother lloking for something new....playday has arrived!;f

SS210EN
05-07-2005, 06:34
any idea when the next gun show is going to be in Austin? The stores around here (at least most that I have been to) will send you away with a gun and a funny walk if you buy from them.

TexAg
05-07-2005, 21:55
Originally posted by CDP1911
For me one of these 3 dealers is going to have a great deal sooner or later(in no particular order)

Doc Walther

Sporting Arms

Bought one from Schramms and one from Doc Walther in the last year at Ft. Worth gun shows. Good prices.

TexasAgg
05-08-2005, 07:34
This guy has pretty good prices, he is located out Boerne, but its not to far of a drive if you live in NW San Antonio. I was looking for a 590A1 and he gave me the cheepest price I could find in San Antonio, and only about $15 more then what I found on the net.

http://home.earthlink.net/~asahen/

bunch_G17
05-08-2005, 19:21
Originally posted by geminicricket
www.sportingarms.com

is in Lewisville.

The website has some specials on it. That's where I bought my guns.

I'm in Lewisville also. Can you do FTF deals with these guys?

jwalk2515
05-08-2005, 23:17
Originally posted by bunch_G17
I'm in Lewisville also. Can you do FTF deals with these guys?

Yes, they are good people. I use them for all my FFL/ shipping needs.

rattfink1
05-10-2005, 12:33
Originally posted by jwalk2515
Yes, they are good people. I use them for all my FFL/ shipping needs.

I heard many good things about sportingarms.com from friends who have used the for FFL/shipping.

milkcartonkid
05-18-2005, 00:29
I bought my G30 for 495 at the Market Hall show. Night sights were gonna be more. seemed like a good deal. Cheaper Than Dirt has good prices (relatively) in Ft Worth. cheaperthandirt.com if you havent been there already. Ammo is well priced and the store has good layout.

CDP1911
05-22-2005, 16:24
Tom and Becky at Sporting Arms are evil people.

Yesterday, I went to pick up a Bond Arms Texas Defender I ordered from them. Somehow when I got back in my car I had the Bond Arms and a Springfield Armory XD9. When I returned home, I noticed I had cash than I started the morning with.

Beware of the owners of Sporting Arms. Besides having inventory and good pricing. I believe they use Jedi mind tricks !!!!!

LMAO

RTA
05-23-2005, 20:57
HOGUNS in San Antonio. Just outside 410 on culebra

Burrito
05-23-2005, 22:59
Praco Gun And Pawn in Waco. Talk to B.L. Barnes. He's the manager there and he is awesome. There prices are reasonable and B.L. is very helpful. I buy all my guns from there. When people treat me right I like to do business with them.

jimmy
05-25-2005, 11:36
Tex-Guns is a small--very small--gun shop in South Austin. Prices aren't great but they're not a rip-off, either, and the folks are friendly and helpful.

MrGlock21
05-29-2005, 00:45
all over the place. Last gun at gunbroker.com . just keep my eyes peeled where the best deal is.
I also recommend 'CK Firearms & Shooting Supplies' in Bedford

rick458
05-31-2005, 01:15
I buy most of my stuff at Marburgers in SeaBrook Tx, some at the Pasadena Carter's Country.
I would like to check out Jim Pruett's Guns and ammo off Huffmiester and 290 but thats like an Hour from home.

Walter45Auto
04-22-2007, 14:17

Jeff Schramm and his folks are good people. And their prices are great. I'll most likely buy my next pistol from him. My dad's bought 2 or 3 from him. I've bought a lot from private collectors at gun shows. Bought one from B&S Guns a while back, but their prices are a bit high. Bought from the Armory at 410 Old London in Mesquite a few times, including my Last one. Bought a few from the Ammo Depot on F.M. 36 South in Caddo Mills.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

TattooedGlock
04-23-2007, 07:33
Durys.

I use to shop at Nagels until I realized I was being waaayyyy overcharged.

G-Man23
04-27-2007, 14:20
Tom and Becky at Sporting Arms are evil people.

Yesterday, I went to pick up a Bond Arms Texas Defender I ordered from them. Somehow when I got back in my car I had the Bond Arms and a Springfield Armory XD9. When I returned home, I noticed I had cash than I started the morning with.

Beware of the owners of Sporting Arms. Besides having inventory and good pricing. I believe they use Jedi mind tricks !!!!!

LMAO

I almost had to defend them until I realized you were being a smart ***** :laughabove:

I've bought a couple Kimbers from them. Also use to use them for all my transfer needs. They are great people to deal with and have near "gun show" prices if you don't want to wait for the next show. Bachman will never get a dime from me.

AmnChode
04-28-2007, 17:51
Holy thread recall, Batman. This one got dug up from the grave....

Sludge
05-08-2007, 10:01
Gun show...

Glock 23c 489.00

rick458
05-08-2007, 12:39
I was in Carter's Country on Shaver Saturday with a bud looking at 1911s for him,and they had a shelf full of Kimbers at decent prices.
I handled them all and everyone was nice and tight with no hood movement and great slide frame fit a few could use some
slight trigger work to remove takeup (zero is my preference)
but I would have laid money down on all but the BP10.

Larry J. Howard
05-08-2007, 13:03
I've bought guns from two places that are a pleasure to deal with;
1. Paul's Pawn Shop in New Boston Texas, and
2. Brutha Dave's Guns in Arlington. very good prices and good people to deal with.

aguyindallas
05-13-2007, 21:31
Originally posted by G-Man23
I almost had to defend them until I realized you were being a smart ***** :laughabove:

I've bought a couple Kimbers from them. Also use to use them for all my transfer needs. They are great people to deal with and have near "gun show" prices if you don't want to wait for the next show. Bachman will never get a dime from me.

Holy crap! Same thing happened to me the last time I was in to do some transfers at Sporting Arms...left with a damn Kimber. Then a couple days later, I called and put on hold my Kimbers serial number brother. I have 2 consecutive serial SERIES 1 Kimber Customs that are 25th Anniversary models.

They are far and away the best gun people I have worked with in the area. I have also bought a gun from Schramms. They were good to go also.

jmsfmtex
05-14-2007, 04:59
I see where the Saxet show is moving to a new location. It is in the Alzafar Shrine at 901 N Loop 1604 West in San Antonio. Is anyone familiar with that location? If so, what exit should I take off of 1604?

In keeping with the thread I like Dury's.