Have you gotten out of a ticket.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten out of a ticket....

oldstyle
04-15-2005, 11:29
....when the cop realized you were a firefighter? I'm not admitting "nuthin" and it DIDN'T happen across the street from Battalion HQ.;)

Tvov
04-15-2005, 16:15
Of course not. Never. My driving record just happens to be very clean since I joined. Coincidence.

Slinger646
04-17-2005, 10:14
+1, and i guess the biker cop has an itch on his leg everytime I drive by. Thats why he lowers his radar.

WPD80
04-20-2005, 14:51
I have been a cop for 14 years now. My father just retired as a Police Chief. He gave me some sound advice when I first started.

He said;

Son, don't ever, ever write a fireman/EMT/Nurse/Doctor a citation. You will never know when you need them. Well one day I stopped this ER nurse for speeding. I approached her and smiled and stated for her to carry on! No problems.

Well, about three weeks later I was fighting on the roadside with a mope. He was attempting to throw some dope, and I was attempting to stop him. My left leg was planted firmly on the road. I spun with the mope and my leg did not move. I damaged my knee, and moved my patella over to the side of my leg.

I was still able to get him cuffed, and guess what. That Trauma Nurse that I gave a break to, drove up and rendered some very welcomed aid to me. A fireman stopped and took over the mope for me, and called for assitance on my radio.

So Yep, My brothers and sisters in civil serivce, you will get a break from me!

Tom;c

nam02G
04-20-2005, 17:45
I got pulled over once while wearing a fire department logo'd sweatshirt. I got a lecture about setting a better example. And the promise that if he ever caught me going that fast through his area again I would get a ticket.

Cavalry Doc
04-21-2005, 20:02
Nope.

I've noticed the best way to avoid a speeding ticket is not to speed. Unless you have a darn good life or death emergency reason, and the ticket would be worth it. I use cruise control a lot. I've just returned to Texas from 5 years in Germany and one year in Baghdad. Neither place is a good teacher for following Texas speed limits.

I also have noticed that this professional courtesy does not extend to the military in the Ft Hood area. Luckily, I've learned this from the mistakes of others.

"Doc"