Might have left my portable in a traded vehicle! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Might have left my portable in a traded vehicle!

fireguy129
04-17-2005, 10:32
Traded my ranger yesterday for a family car. Cleaned everything out with no problems. Get a call last night, quick scan through the house reveals no radio. Hmmmm. Last place I had it was in my truck. Once before I thought it was gone, but found it under the center of the front seat. Seems when I lay it on the transmission hump and slide the seat forward for my gear, the seat drags it back under. Dealership is closed today, so I have to call there bright and early tomorrow. Hopefully its still there. If not the conversation with the chief should be fairly interesting.

Firefighter631
04-17-2005, 21:44
Just remember the easiest way to start the letter to the Chief is....

Dear Chief,

Much has transpired since we last spoke........

All kidding aside, I think that everyone has left some piece of equipment somewhere. I seem to recall leaving a Minitor on the running board of an engine one time.

Tvov
04-18-2005, 12:21
Hope you find it. It is one thing to lose / damage equipment at a scene, but when it happens on your own time you are in for some ribbing from everyone at the firehouse.

fireguy129
04-19-2005, 13:14
Well, thankfully they found it once I called up there. Quick 40 minute drive and its back in possession. Just gives you that funny feeling in your stomach when you realize where it might be.