Coronado feature questions... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Coronado feature questions...

emt1581
04-19-2005, 22:17
Ok, I know I've asked about Coronado in the past, but this time we are really ordering one. The American Mini-Hobo to be exact. Here is the details we'd like to order...

Deep brown
Pull thru holster
Lockable Zipper
Large size

The purse will be used to carry a G19 (and maybe a 33rd spare mag).

Now for the questions...

1) Is there any pics of the deep brown purses on their site? I couldn't find one. Deep brown just seems like the perfect happy medium. The black is to old lady looking and the pink and blue are waaaayyyy to little girl looking. No offense to either group.

2) The pull thru sounds like the best choice for a quick draw. Is it?

3) Lockable Zipper or Velcro? Which is better and why?

4) Is the large size really big enough to accommodate a G19 or even a G20??

5) Is this thing going to last a loooonnnnggg time? For $170+ out the door...it better be all but bulletproof!

Feel free to comment on anything I might be missing.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Vic303
04-20-2005, 08:18
I have the CrossCarry bag. It is deep brown. Think walnut color in an oiledleather finish. Very nice. I can try to take a pic of it if you like.

I have a snap holster. I seldom set the snap. I find the pistol doesn't move in the holster anyway, but wanted the option of securing it if needed. I have the locking zipper. I have kids, so it gives me a layer of protection from tiny hands if I get careless. Mind you, I don't use the bag a lot, but it does serve a useful purpose in my carry options. Oh, and I can carry a Cmdr sized 1911 in it, and the bag is a LOT smaller than the one you're looking at, so I bet yours will be big enough for a Glock.

My bag is extremely high quality. I expect it will last the rest of my life. It was well worth the 130$ I paid for it. I think I got mine from WW Associates in the Dallas area. If you can find them (check Gunlist) they're good folks to work through. Be advised though, if you call them & speak to the gentleman who owns the business, he can be very difficult to understand, due to the electronic voicebox he has to use to speak. It takes a bit of getting used to, in order to understand him clearly.

(edited to add: Mine looks a lot like the Canyon case in the SALE area. Same color and basic shape/size. That pic is pretty well a true color for that finish, if mine is any example. It is 'distressed brown' color and could be different from the color on the HOBO series.)

c-mama
04-21-2005, 17:16
Not to hi-jack the thread, but.... ;f

Vic, is the concealment pocket top-draw or side-draw? I found a Coronado bag at gun show that I fell in love with but didn't have the cash to buy (should have, though, as I cannot find it on-line). It was a top pocket draw unlike so many that are on the side of the bag.

Vic303
04-21-2005, 21:11
Actually, the Cross Carry bag zipper opens along the full top & strong side of the bag. If you want to unzip only one half, you can grab that particular zipper pull & open it only. I normally take hold of the grabloop and pull that away from me, opening the top & side simultaneously.
Deb, do you recall the product name for the bag?

Vic303
04-21-2005, 21:18
Actually, the Cross Carry bag zipper opens along the full top & strong side of the bag. If you want to unzip only one half, you can grab that particular zipper pull & open it only. I normally take hold of the grabloop and pull that away from me, opening the top & side simultaneously.
Deb, do you recall the product name for the bag?

Vic303
04-22-2005, 07:14
Ok, my husband was able to find the purchase record for me, so I knowwhom I bought my Coronado from:
WRB Gunshows
www.WRBusa.com
They do have a tollfree# listed in GunList, and I bet it is also on the website.

Cat91
04-22-2005, 20:03
I'm going to go check them out tomorrow. A Coronado dealer haunts the local gun show when it comes 'round.

The only question is...if I get one, do I get a medium holster to put in it, for the Colt DS, or a large holster, for the Glock 23?

Or both?

Choices...choices...

Miao, Cat

Vic303
04-22-2005, 20:22
Cat, IIRC, the different holsters/type or size, are only $15 each, so I'd buy both if I were you.

Cat91
04-23-2005, 16:56
I got an American Hobo, $119 and both holsters were thrown in for no charge! Got it in black 'cos I wear a lot of black suits and the gun purse is primarily for work-carry.

Also picked up a Fire Dragon dual-spring recoil buffer for my 23, and I think I'll go back tomorrow and have a set of Trijicons installed too :) .

Miao, Cat

c-mama
04-24-2005, 15:45
Originally posted by Vic303
Deb, do you recall the product name for the bag? I had a business card and wrote down the name of the purse, but I can't locate the card now and can't remember the item name.

Vic303
04-24-2005, 16:08
Deb, just search on the Coronado website. You can probably find it there without too much trouble. You might even find Scott something nice--a jacket or vest, that is!;f

c-mama
04-25-2005, 13:40
Well, when I *did* know the name, I seached the website and didn't find it.

No worries.

I'm bidding on a nice tote bag on ebay from a seller that I've bought 3 purses from before. The tote bag has one zipper pocket on the inside. I've spoken with my sewing friend and I am going to sew a loop at the end of the zipper, like a button loop, and then just put a little lock through the loop and the zipper pull. I'm also going to get a holster and velcro it to the inside of the pocket. I just need a pocket that will soley be used for my lady. ;)

emt1581
04-25-2005, 14:10
Anywhere cheaper to buy NEW from other than factory direct?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Vic303
04-25-2005, 14:30
You might give the folks at WRB a call EMT. THey gave me a decent price a couple years ago. Not a deep discount, but fair. Better'n I was being offered elsewhere.

emt1581
04-25-2005, 15:48
Thanks!

I took a look at their page and they do not list any purses from Coronado anywhere on it that I saw.

Thanks again

-Emt1581

Vic303
04-26-2005, 09:33
Emt, Deb, and others: I just got off the phone with WRB Gunshows and they told me that they DO still offer Coronado purses. They do not list them on the website though. Don't know why. Just call them and discuss what you want, if you want. Nice folks there...
Vicky

c-mama
04-26-2005, 10:03
Thanks, Vic!