End of Couture v. Liddell II [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : End of Couture v. Liddell II

gr81disp
04-25-2005, 15:16
For those that have not seen it, it has been posted on the front page of www.bullshido.net.

Second story down.

painkiller
04-27-2005, 17:09
i was wondering how tha fight would go,i give LIDDELL credit,he's a good fighter,but its always harder to beat the same guy twice,if he's smart he's studied you,maybe Randy didnt do that.i dont know,i kinda miss Frank Shamrock back in the ring,he kicks ass!

Dogbite
04-27-2005, 20:59
Thank you for posting that link,ive been wanting to see the outcome for myself.I guess that little clip says it all...

walangkatapat
04-29-2005, 21:15
Nice right hand!

DBradD
04-29-2005, 23:43
I watched the video also. I hate to sound like a wimp, but why did he feel the need to land a couple or three more hard head shots after Couture was clearly, completely knocked out? He already cleary won. At this point in my life, I find that to be disgusting, a borderline criminal thing to do. He'd already clearly won. Did he actually want to try to inflict serious injury or death? Many people have been killed in boxing and other events from blunt head trauma. I used to be a fan of this kind of stuff, but that was years ago. Perhaps I've outgrown it at this point.

gr81disp
04-30-2005, 10:25
1. Couture was not clearly out until the second punch.

2. You ALWAYS throw until the ref stops you. Too many people have gotten screwed out of wins that way. This is NHB, you finish the opponent when he goes down, not wait for him to get back up.

3. NO serious injuries or deaths have happened in a sanctioned NHB fight. The only death was at a non-sanctioned event in Russia, because of a lack of proper medical supervision and a pre-existing condition.

DBradD
04-30-2005, 13:04
So if I'm a grappler and get a guy in an armlock, I should try to break it real quick before Big John gets in there and stops me?

walangkatapat
05-01-2005, 06:01
Originally posted by DBradD
So if I'm a grappler and get a guy in an armlock, I should try to break it real quick before Big John gets in there and stops me?

You should keep the pressure on until your opponent taps out or the ref stops the fight and the fighters know this when they step in the ring for battle. Why on earth would you want to give your opponent the opportunity to recover and possibly beat the heck out of you, especially someone like Couture?

Ironeagle74
05-01-2005, 23:28
Yes...you try to take that arm home with you. If not the other guy will do the same to you. If it hurts you tap or if your a stud you let it break.

fastvfr
05-25-2005, 10:06
Couture is stronger on the ground than he will ever be as a striker. His recent training to fight with his hands is not necessarily a bad thing, but it may have been his undoing in this case.

It is my belief that by trying to punch Chuck down, he was overconfident in his striking ability (or didn't respect Liddell's striking power enough), was blindsided (as in, didn't roll through the right hand) and got thoroughly TKO'd for his troubles.

Randy is probably still a better fighter in the ground -n- pound arena, though, so if he had gotten Liddell to the ground that fight may have had a much different outcome.

Or maybe Couture just needs a bit more red meat in his diet.

And WTF is it with his EYES?!? First Vitor, then Chuck...it seems like every time Randy gets in the ring, his eyes get poked at least once. Odd.