UbiSoft problems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UbiSoft problems

Godfather
04-26-2005, 21:11
Has anyone else had problems with lan games using some of Ubi's newer titles? My roomate and I have tried RainbowSix Raven Shield, and Splenter Cell Chaos Theory. Neither of them will let us connect. Usually they lock up as soon as we try to host/join.

I was using a Microsoft router, but now we are using a linksys switch with no internet. Neither setup has worked, but both work for our other games.

Any thoughts?

Tvov
04-27-2005, 10:03
Nope, but you could try posting in the Tech Talk forum also.

Godfather
04-27-2005, 17:43
I just got off the phone with Ubi...again. Still no help. I asked whar router THEY suggest using, the answer....LinkSys. Like I didn't see that comming.;Q

Well I'm about to the point in losing faith in Ubi, and requesting a refund of all Ubi games that I own that are having this problem.

fastvfr
04-27-2005, 22:33
Hey, those games wouldn't have been installed from the same disks on both machines, would they?

There is a "New, Improved" POS anti-pirating app embedded on those computers now, called StarForce.

There are over 150,000 pages relating to it on the Web, mostly gripes. LINK to Google Search page. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=StarForce&btnG=Google+Search)

Seems it STAYS in the system after the game is uninstalled and raises Caine with many other apps and processes. Worse than most viruses, in fact, and nearly impossible to remove completely.

Unless you EACH buy a copy of those games, they will be unable to see the other PC. Isn't That Lovely.

I for one have totally boycotted Ubi and will continue to do so until they get off this "Screw The Customers" kick!!

Lots of luck, fella.

Godfather
04-27-2005, 23:15
WTF!?!?! I was afraid of that. See, I respect companies that will allow two PC's to run off one disk (using the disk to load). This allows one household to buy one copy of the game and fully enjoy it. I shouldn't be required to purchase 4 copies of it (one for each of the computers we have in our HOME network).

We figured something like that might have been the probelm when we tried playing Rainbow Six so my roomate bought a copy for himself. He uninstalled it and installed his copy with no luck. Guess this is the same thing you are talking about.

:soap:
Ubi better get ready for my call b/c I am going to either be given a way around it, or given a refund!

Thanks for the info ^c

DesertEagle
05-02-2005, 10:54
Guess ya hate microsoft then, with their licensing and activation crap :) But at least you don't buy several OSes per month, unlike I do with games when there's a good gaming month :)

D.E.

Godfather
05-02-2005, 16:46
Sense you mentioned it...I HATE Microsoft. The only reason I'm still running windows it b/c I either too stupid or too lazy to learn Lynix.

Henry Krinkle
05-02-2005, 17:46
Sorry that you hate Microsoft so much. I was about to recomend that you play them on X-Box. Thats what I do and they are great fun. Chaos Theory versus mode=Love.

TomSplasky
05-03-2005, 00:36
I'd just use a....

Nevermind... >_>

Godfather
05-05-2005, 18:54
a what Tom??? If you have something to "assist" me please let me know. You can PM me if need be, but my next step is requesting a refund from Ubi, and never looking back. What a shame that would be.