Ferrari 360 Modena vs. Lamborghini Gallardo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 360 Modena vs. Lamborghini Gallardo

RockinAR
04-27-2005, 22:37
Ferrari 360 Modena vs. Lamborghini Gallardo

If you could pick one, brand new. Which would it be and why?

I would really like the Lambo. But the Gallardo don't have the scissor doors and that seems to take away from the whole Lamborghini experience. I would feel like I was driving a kit car or something. People would see you pull up, and they would stare waiting to see the doors go up, only to see them go outwards. I dunno, it would be a tough call. I see quite a few 360s. I RARELY see a Lambo. Again, tough call.

epsylum
04-28-2005, 07:13
I would pick a 911 turbo and beat both of them for less money.;f

fnfalman
04-28-2005, 09:24
If I were to have enough money, neither of those would be my first choice, BUT between those two, I'd take the Ferrari. Why? It's a Ferrari and not a jazzed up Audi. Don't believe me? Check to see where they get the chassis and the engine from.

This is akins to Aston Martin using various Ford parts in their cars.

If I were to want a Ford, I'd get me a Ford. If I were to want an Audi, I'd get me an Audi.

And yes, the new Rolls Royce uses BMW V-12 engine. But at least that's a step up and not a step down.

epsylum
04-28-2005, 10:57
Originally posted by fnfalman
If I were to have enough money, neither of those would be my first choice, BUT between those two, I'd take the Ferrari. Why? It's a Ferrari and not a jazzed up Audi. Don't believe me? Check to see where they get the chassis and the engine from.

This is akins to Aston Martin using various Ford parts in their cars.

If I were to want a Ford, I'd get me a Ford. If I were to want an Audi, I'd get me an Audi.

And yes, the new Rolls Royce uses BMW V-12 engine. But at least that's a step up and not a step down.

Ferarri's are just overpriced Fiats

Just kidding.;f

If I had that kind of money, Porsche would be the only thing on my mind. There is no reason to own anything else at that point.

fnfalman
04-28-2005, 13:29
Me too. Given a third choice, I'd take Porsche as well.

PS Ferrari may be owned by Fiat but they sure as hell don't use Fiat parts in their vehicles.

epsylum
04-28-2005, 16:39
Originally posted by fnfalman
Me too. Given a third choice, I'd take Porsche as well.

PS Ferrari may be owned by Fiat but they sure as hell don't use Fiat parts in their vehicles.

I'd like to see it the other way around, a fiat powered by a Ferrari engine. That would be funny.

Rob1035
04-28-2005, 17:07
Whichever has the highest resale value with bald tires.

grecco
04-28-2005, 17:20
there are many super cars,
but only 1 ferrari.

Rob1035
04-28-2005, 18:20
Originally posted by grecco
there are many super cars,
but only 1 ferrari.

See, that may very well be the case, but I've always been of the opinion that things like that matter little. Its a mechanical device, no soul. But that's just me.

grecco
04-30-2005, 21:32
hey rob,
you are correct, but some cars have a personality or a certain mystique about them,,,,ferrari is one of them......

no matter where you are in the world everyone knows what a ferrari is.

Rob1035
05-01-2005, 14:34
it could be argued that the porsche 911 is a more recognizable shape, maybe the ferrari badge is more famous, i dunno

fact of the matter is I can't really afford either:cool:

ATI_RAGE_
05-02-2005, 14:58
Ferrari 360 it can hold corners well and in a straight run it will ate you for lunch.