FN FAL Ambi Safety [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FN FAL Ambi Safety

creekerdoug
05-02-2005, 19:09
I've picked up a couple of FN FALs in the last few months and the more I shoot them the more I like them. They aren't bad for a right handed rifle. These look and shoot like keepers but an ambidexterous safety would be just the ticket. I can't find any listed anywhere. I've check with the usual vendors, DSA etc. Can anyone help me?

Washington,D.C.
05-08-2005, 22:25
Are you shooting the FAL lefthanded?I am lefthanded but shoot rifles righthanded.The FAL throws brass pretty hard to the right.It is out in front so it might not hit you.The inch style mag release lever and parts with it work well for righthand mag changes.Most FAL selectors require shifting your grip anyway,so you might not gain much from a lefty safety.

creekerdoug
05-09-2005, 13:56
I am shooting them left handed. Since there doesn't appear to be an off the shelf ambi safety available, I think I can take two safetys, cut the selector lever off one and move it to the right side. If I then drill it for a screw and pin it, it will, hopefully, work just like the AR15 ambi safetys. At least that the plan. I'll let folks know how it works out.

Tupperware
05-20-2005, 18:52
Originally posted by creekerdoug
I am shooting them left handed. Since there doesn't appear to be an off the shelf ambi safety available, I think I can take two safetys, cut the selector lever off one and move it to the right side. If I then drill it for a screw and pin it, it will, hopefully, work just like the AR15 ambi safetys. At least that the plan. I'll let folks know how it works out.
You need to do this soon! :) Please post pics. Great idea.