vanderlei silva challenges chuck liddell [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : vanderlei silva challenges chuck liddell

el_jewapo
05-02-2005, 21:07
the pride light heavyweight champion vandelei silva challenged ufc light heavyweight champion chuck liddell.

enjoy your belt and teeth while you can chuck.

silva by head stomp

gr81disp
05-03-2005, 16:19
I don't know. Chuck hits harder than a government mule, and if anyone can knock out The Axe Murderer, it is The Iceman. Definitely a fight for the ages.

el_jewapo
05-03-2005, 16:48
Originally posted by gr81disp
I don't know. Chuck hits harder than a government mule, and if anyone can knock out The Axe Murderer, it is The Iceman. Definitely a fight for the ages.

i agree that anyone fighting chuck is in danger of being knocked out. but if it happens it will be a lucky flash ko. he can't dominate silva. cro cop and hunt couldn't ko silva.

but chuck did ko randy couture. pedro rizzo couldn't do it. or anyone else.

i think silva will brutalize chuck. if chuck wins it will be a flash ko.

i hear they're saying now that chuck won't go to pride to fight him. i don't know if silva will go to ufc or not. the fight probably won't happen.

walangkatapat
05-07-2005, 04:03
Originally posted by el_jewapo
the pride light heavyweight champion vandelei silva challenged ufc light heavyweight champion chuck liddell.

enjoy your belt and teeth while you can chuck.

silva by head stomp

I heard the after fight interview (Liddell vs Couture II) Chuck said he wanted Silva. Dana didn't seem too happy about what Chuck said.

el_jewapo
05-07-2005, 19:37
chuck wants silva. i don't think dana wants them to fight though. it's a risky deal. someone will be knocked out if this fight ever happens, and that will be pretty detrimental to the organizatin with the losing fighter. in the "we're better than you" department atleast.

Ironeagle74
05-08-2005, 22:46
Dana didn't mind chuck going to the last pride grand prix and fighting. Dana even bet on it i think. UFC guys always go to Pride and fight, I want to see the Pride guys come here and fight. You won't see that though cause Pride pays their fighters good.

el_jewapo
05-10-2005, 20:08
last time chuck wasn't the champ.

Skpotamus
05-19-2005, 20:01
Having your champ fight in another organization and lose will be very detrimental to your org. It would make teh losing side look like the B level show.

That being said, I think Chuck is gonna get KO'ed if this fight happens. Chucks' standup isn't as good as Silva's technique wise, and silva is a far more active striker. Power wise, I think they are about the same, but Silva can take one helluva shot and keep on coming. I'd be money on Silva to win.

robwebbg22
06-16-2005, 13:14
I love chuck he has a heart of a lion but a chin of a man.... No disrespect to chuck but damn he doesn't care about defense at all in trading punches. He fights like rocky an if you do that you are bound to get caught with a shot that will make you crumble.