MS anti-spyware charge?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MS anti-spyware charge??

Romadoc
05-02-2005, 22:46
What are the odds that MS will begin charging for their anti-spyware program which is now free in the Beta stage? I like it as it picked-up a couple of spys, ie. Grokster, which were passed over by SpySweeper. Should they begin to charge, what would be an appropriate amount? Guesses anyone.

MikeG22
05-03-2005, 00:57
They released something a while back that said they were going to keep it free since it was in the best interest of everyone involved to keep it that way. There is the thing to validate that you have a good copy of windows to download it, but at least for now you could bypass it or just save the setup for as many machines as you want. Who knows when it becomes a full release, but we do know it should remain free at least. One thing they've done right.

fastvfr
05-03-2005, 01:08
I think of it as a patch.

It would be unneccesary if they had coded and updated their OS properly.

So by all rights you bought this, and all the other patches, when you slapped leather to buy the operating system in the first place.

If it doesn't stay free there will be several million unhappy ex-Microsoft users out there.

And I will be among them! :soap:

Toyman
05-03-2005, 03:52
Originally posted by fastvfr
I think of it as a patch.

It would be unneccesary if they had coded and updated their OS properly.

So by all rights you bought this, and all the other patches, when you slapped leather to buy the operating system in the first place.

If it doesn't stay free there will be several million unhappy ex-Microsoft users out there.

And I will be among them! :soap:

Licensed, not bought - big difference. Think of license as "One time charge for renting it indefinitely".