Printing for Notebook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Printing for Notebook

outlaws161
05-03-2005, 14:44
Hello Guys and Girls perhaps you can help, i have a gateway notbook and also a Gateway Pc. I have a wireless router and have been doing fine for the longest. My broblem today is that i would like to print from my notebook. I have it setup so that the files and printer are shared. Thus my problem my printer in not wireless and i do not beleive that it has to be in order for me to print from my notebook. Can someone send me step by step instruction on how this can be done, Thanks in advance for your replies and help Outlaws ;f

Oh by the way i am running windows xp on both systems

Sgt. Schultz
05-03-2005, 17:45
To share the printer ... open the Printers and Faxes folder on the computer that has the printer. Then select the printer's icon, right click in the tasks pane, click "Sharing ..."
In the selected printer's Properties dialog box click on the Sharing tab and give the printer a name. Once you have done this close all the open boxes and the printer is available for other computers to use.

Now go to the other computer and add the printer. However instead of adding a local printer you add a network printer, you browse the network for the printer and add it. The computer with the printer attached MUST be powered on to print to it.

outlaws161
05-03-2005, 18:23
Thanks for the reply i will try that, thanks again i will post to let you know what i have come up with lol