PDA

View Full Version : Problem for a Smith Forum member: See post

JCM298
05-04-2005, 06:43
I copied this from the S&W Forum:

kilogulf59

posted 03 May 2005 06:07 AM
Howdy All,

I have a question for anyone who is a member of Glock Talk forum, have you had any trouble with your membership?

I joined several weeks ago and show up as a member but every time I try to post I get the following:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Now I’m a member of several firearm related forums and have never had a bit of trouble with any of them. I’ve never been accused of “trollish” behavior nor have I ever been banned or denied membership.

I was told that Glock Talk is supposed to be “the” forum for Glock owners but come on…this is ridiculous.

I’ve written the administrator countless e-mails and never got a reply.

Ideas anyone???

Take care,
KG59 out!

"There ain't no freekin' Indians around here..."

G.A. Custer 1876

Do you have any ideas on how to help this member? Here's a link to the thread:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/500103904/m/439103215

John

David_G17
05-04-2005, 15:35
Originally posted by JCM298

I joined several weeks ago and show up as a member but every time I try to post I get the following:

is he logging in first? before he tries to post?

JCM298
05-05-2005, 06:38
Here's his reply:

posted 05 May 2005 07:10 AM
Thanks very much.

I see someone replyed to your post asking if I logged in?

Aside from being a bit insulted by this question (LOL), YES, I've logged in and this is copied from the site.

Welcome back, kilogulf59
The time now is 07:11 AM
You last visited: 05-03-2005 09:40 AM.

I have heard about AOL before but didn't think so in my case as I am a member, in good standing, of eleven firearms related forums and have not had any problems.

Again thanks to all.

Take care,
KG59 out!

"There ain't no freekin' Indians around here..."

G.A. Custer 1876

Apparently he's still having a problem. I hate these "devil's devices",

John

David_G17
05-06-2005, 08:08
Originally posted by JCM298
I have heard about AOL before but didn't think so in my case as I am a member, in good standing, of eleven firearms related forums and have not had any problems.

he might want to try connecting with his AOL account, then opening internet explorer and going to glocktalk.

if he still can't get to GT, that would rule out AOL's browser (a common source of trouble).