Anyone own a Geo Storm??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Geo Storm???

txwrangler
05-06-2005, 10:00
I need a daily driver (50 miles roundtrip) and found a 92 Geo Storm with 60k miles for $1800... Anyone had any problems with theirs?? I'm also looking at a 94 Honda Accord with 113K for $4000... I figured the Honda would be easier to fix/parts, but is it worth the extra $2200??

Thanks for the help!

fnfalman
05-06-2005, 10:36
Damn, an 11-years-old Civic with over hundred and ten thousand miles on its engine is being sold for $4000? Now that's value retention.

CZ-75A
05-06-2005, 12:37
Originally posted by txwrangler
I need a daily driver (50 miles roundtrip) and found a 92 Geo Storm with 60k miles for $1800... Anyone had any problems with theirs?? I'm also looking at a 94 Honda Accord with 113K for $4000... I figured the Honda would be easier to fix/parts, but is it worth the extra $2200??

Thanks for the help!

Anecdotally, I never knew anyone with a Geo Storm that had good luck with them and that was back when they were less than 5 years old. I haven't even SEEN one in years. I see a TON of '94 or OLDER Accords (BIG CLUE).

CZ-75A
05-06-2005, 12:38
Originally posted by fnfalman
Damn, an 11-years-old Civic with over hundred and ten thousand miles on its engine is being sold for $4000? Now that's value retention.

Reading Comprehension is your friend. :) I think he said ACCORD. ;)

fnfalman
05-06-2005, 13:38
Sorry, I stand corrected. Honda Accord. Still, over a decade old, over 110K miles and cost $4000? That's serious value retention.

txwrangler
05-06-2005, 13:43
Yeah, I had a storm back in 93, but a girl pulled out in front of me and I totalled it after only having it for 2 months, so I don't really know if it was a good car or not.

The accord has a new paint job and new AC unit and has all maintenance records, so it looks like the accord would be the smarter deal...

CZ-75A
05-06-2005, 15:27
Originally posted by txwrangler
Yeah, I had a storm back in 93, but a girl pulled out in front of me and I totalled it after only having it for 2 months, so I don't really know if it was a good car or not.

The accord has a new paint job and new AC unit and has all maintenance records, so it looks like the accord would be the smarter deal...

How about trying to find other accords, altimas and camrys first? I shudder when I hear anything about a car being repainted. Moreover, have you been to Edmunds.com to check what an appropriate value might be?

epsylum
05-06-2005, 16:35
I don't now about that that much money, but in general Toyotas and Hondas hold thier value alot better than any other kindof car.

Example:
Just playing around on www.kbb.com (kelly's blue book) I found out that an optionless 89 Camry 4 banger in okay condition with over 200k miles was worth more than my almost fully loaded 95 mecury cougar V-8 with 130k miles in good condition.

That IS some value retention, my friend. Another reason to buy Toyota or Honda.

epsylum
05-06-2005, 16:42
Oh one word of warning if you do get the Geo storm.

DON NOT TRY TO PULL IT BY THE BACK END.

http://www.jeffmarkley.com/files/PullMeOut.wmv

;z

txwrangler
05-07-2005, 09:37
I went and saw the Geo yesterday and it looked like someone was living in it for the last 4 years... you'd think if you were trying to sell a car, you'd at least clean it up a little...LOL Needless to say, I'm gonna pass on the Geo.

Yes, I've seen the Edmunds site before, but thanks for the reminder. I have really got all summer to find another car, because I'm gonna be on summer break for the next 2 months, then in August, I'll start my commute again.

Thanks!

streeter69
05-07-2005, 22:34
Originally posted by CZ-75A
Reading Comprehension is your friend. :) I think he said ACCORD. ;)

CZ...you so nice:)

CZ-75A
05-08-2005, 13:19
Originally posted by epsylum
Oh one word of warning if you do get the Geo storm.

DON NOT TRY TO PULL IT BY THE BACK END.

http://www.jeffmarkley.com/files/PullMeOut.wmv

;z

That pretty much says it all about a Geo, IMO. ;z ;z ;z