Logout problems with Firefox. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Logout problems with Firefox.

lomfs24
05-08-2005, 23:36
I am having weird issues with being logged out of GT with firefox.

Example 1.
I open thunderbird, I have email from GT. I click a link, it opens FF and takes me to the first page of the thread. I click the glock at the top, go to the main page and log in. Go back to the email click the link again and it takes me to the last read post. I click the link in the second email and everything works fine from here on out until I sit idle long enough to be logged out.

Example 2.
I open FF first, go to GT and log in. Then I open TBird and check email and click a link to GT and it logs me out and I have to log in again the second time.

Why does it log me out if I log into GT before I check my email. I am on a high speed connection so it's not taking more than a couple seconds to check email. I know it has something to do with cookies, probably. But how can I fix this little annoyance?

David_G17
05-09-2005, 07:30
i've noticed a similar problem before, and it may have been fixed since. I would go to GT (or any site which requries login), and log in. then i would open threads in individual tabs. in the other tabs, i wouldn't be logged in.

i think it has to do with session management, but i think that particular problem has been fixed with updates (yep, I just checked).

lomfs24
05-09-2005, 08:13
So you are telling me that if I get a newer version of FF I will be doing better?

lomfs24
05-09-2005, 08:24
Well, I just downed and installed the latest version of FF and it still does it.
It's not a big problem just a little anoyance.

David_G17
05-09-2005, 09:38
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/bugs

it does sound like it's a bug. :( if it's bothersome, report it and maybe someone will fix it.

Washington,D.C.
05-11-2005, 06:11
I just downloaded the latest Firefox from here http://majorgeeks.com/download2248.html it seems to fix some things and it's faster than before.I've been using the latest version of Opera too and it uses fewer resources.I still find the full Mozilla the most trouble free.