Dim Mak?! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dim Mak?!

teletiger7
05-09-2005, 11:02
Saw some books at the local martial arts supply store on Dim Mak death touch where you can supposedly take out a guy instantly by touching certain pressure points. Has anybody ever seen this done? Is this real or just a scam to sell books?

BlackBelt
05-09-2005, 12:04
Check out George Dillmans pressure point theory. He covers this. He said that 3 points hit simultaneously (or thereabouts) will cause unconsciousness...and 5 points hit will cause death. He theorizes that this was the 'death touch' back in the olden days. A pressure point master would 'touch' an opponent, and a couple of days later that man would be dead. In reality, one or more of his affected organs had been shut down due to the strikes.

Mushinto
05-09-2005, 17:43
... Classical Fighting Arts (Issue #6) has an excellent article on "Dim Mak" by Harry Cook.

If you are not familiar with CFA or Harry Cook, shame on you and congratulations now that you know.

http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Cfa/Pages/cfahome.htm

ML

gr81disp
06-07-2005, 17:32
I was looking for this ever since I saw this post. Take a look at what happens when they try it on some "natural athletes."

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UTL4NFT4TWVJ1X5PO1K2IIH91

garythenuke
06-07-2005, 22:43
Is this like the five-fingered-palm-exploding heart-technique?

FortyCaliber
06-07-2005, 22:52
Originally posted by gr81disp
I was looking for this ever since I saw this post. Take a look at what happens when they try it on some "natural athletes."

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UTL4NFT4TWVJ1X5PO1K2IIH91

Did you catch that one of the JJ athletes was none other than UFC newcomer Stephan Bonnar?

Skpotamus
06-07-2005, 23:13
I went to a george dillman seminar once. It was funded by my school and I was supposed to bring back stuff for everybody else to learn.

Everybody was very disappointed... most of the pressure points didnt' work on me at all. The ones that did took several attempts for them to work, and even then it was painful, but not debilitating.

I was "knocked out" according to them.... according to him and his students I mean. They had me stnad with my feet shoulder width, in a relaxed stance. I was then slapped in the temple. I took a small step diagonally backwards to stop myself from fallign over from teh force of the slap and they called it a knock out. I get moved more when I hold pads for the guys in my gym.

My advice would be to leave teh dim Mak stuff ot the movies and conmen and learn some real self defense work.

gr81disp
06-08-2005, 11:33
I like how the reporterette reacted to being slapped by him.

"You hit me!"

garythenuke
06-08-2005, 12:25
C'mon guys. I think this stuff really has potential. I am sure that Bob Sapp could knock anyone of us out with a slap to the temple...

MARTIN FISHER
06-09-2005, 09:21
Let me tell you, if I could get some idiot I was fighting with to stand there with his hands down and me hit him, I promise you I could hit them three times and knock them out and it would have nothing to do with anything but a good cross, hook, uppercut.

Its simple, dim mak= BS. In the videos demonstrating no touch knock outs, why is it no body behind the target student is KO'd? Because its BS. Why does it not work on 40% of the poputlation? Because its BS.

Why does it not work on an overweight reporter? Because its BS. Why doesn't Dillman or one of his fat black belts knock me out from where ever they are scamming teenagers out of their money?

BECAUSE ITS BS!!

;P

sigman69
06-10-2005, 06:44
I hate bad mouthing people but George Dillman is a fake and years ago supposed to be a great karateka....well look behind his smoke screen...he might have been great at doing kata's but anything else...well forget it....hey and if anyone is old enough remember him fighting a mountain lion...yeah right.

Ryuku Kempo Schools here in KC teach the pressure point stuff...yeah right I am going to stand there and let some idiot hit me in the neck...

ALL styles of martial arts(judo, karate, muay thai, etc) can teach us something and offer us self defense techniques, exercise, etc but remember their is only so many ways to kick, punch, choke out someone...after that it is just names and ideologies. The sad thing is that the majority of people dont know the real stuff from the BS...