personal trainer certification? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : personal trainer certification?

Archangel
05-09-2005, 14:18
i am thinking of becoming a personal trainer. there are several opportunities for employment in my area. i don't know the best place to get my certification, though. the internet is full of seemingly legit organizations who offer courses and certificates of training completion. can't pick which are bogus and which are not. where should i seek the best certification? any input will be a big help.

testosterone
05-09-2005, 16:05
are you wanting to work as a trainer for a gym (like 24hr fitness) or as individual contracted personal trainer? Most gyms will have a list of which certs are acceptable. If you want to go out on your own then almost any cert will do. Basically your physique will be your billboard...if you dont look like you are in shape then no matter how many certificates you have, you wont have that same respect. I get more people ask me for advice in the gym then they do trainers.

BUT check out issaonline.com
IMO it is the best.

xd>glock2me
05-11-2005, 20:21
An ACSM HFI is probably the best, I just took my certification exam a week ago. It should get you in the door anywhere. Also, CSCS credintials are pretty common and accepted in most places

don't tread on me
05-19-2005, 12:27
ACSM very good
A.C.E. is accepted by Gold Gyms