My First Big Trauma Run [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My First Big Trauma Run

PBR_Cowboy
05-18-2005, 07:32

oldstyle
05-18-2005, 12:29
We had a major accident involving a Canadian tour bus filled with 41 French speaking travelers. Parlez vous la francais? Me niether! Triage was a bit interesting....

PBR_Cowboy
05-18-2005, 12:37
yeah, I bet... triage was deff. not fun in this case either, I gess I got kinda lucky considering all I had was c-spine.

Glkster19
05-18-2005, 20:42
Originally posted by PBR_Cowboy
After doing all we could on scene we called for Aircare to transport.

Out of Kalamazoo? Worked with them several times if it's the same West MI Aircare.

jlw_84
05-18-2005, 23:29
He is refering to University of Cincinnati's Air Care Unit. Its what we use in this area of Northern Kentucky.

Where I also run in Ohio we use 3 differant flight services, Aircare from UC, Cincinnati, Careflight from Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, and MedFlight out of Columbus Ohio.

DaleGribble
05-21-2005, 00:21
Originally posted by PBR_Cowboy
yeah, I bet... triage was deff. not fun in this case either, I gess I got kinda lucky considering all I had was c-spine.

You only had one patient, which means you didn't do triage. The difficulties you had were with patient assessment.

Anyway, language barriers really suck.

I worked a MVA with a car load of Mexicans and not a one of them spoke English and some of them were critical. I just treated what I saw and found, nothing else you can really do.