Bugatti Veyron 16.4: 250mph+, $1.3million [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron 16.4: 250mph+, $1.3million

JMag
05-18-2005, 18:59
Amazing ride! The Veyron can do 0-62 in about 2.8 secs and the wing/brake can stop the car from a 252mph (if memory serves) in about 10 seconds with the help of the massive cross-drilled brakes. Anyone have an extra $1.3 million to spare??

Look under "models" for the Veyron 16.4 (yep, a sixteen cylinder)w/ four boosters:
http://www.bugatti-cars.de/bugatti/

Rob1035
05-18-2005, 19:30
once again, I prefer 'usable supercars'. They should have geared it to 180mph and broken all acceleration records....

fnfalman
05-19-2005, 07:44
Maybe one of these days, they'll make this thing work well enough to be sold. They've been working on this thing for like a decade now.

triggerjerk
05-19-2005, 16:10
Nothing powered by two volkswagen W8s is worth 1.3 million.

epsylum
05-19-2005, 17:25
Originally posted by triggerjerk
Nothing powered by two volkswagen W8s is worth 1.3 million.

You don't also think Porsche's are just hopped up beetles too, do you?

;Q

Yeah they have been working on it for quite some time. I am hoping that they figure they have sunk so much money into it, they have to sell it to get some money back out of it.

It would be pretty cool if I were a millionaire.

triggerjerk
05-19-2005, 18:14
Originally posted by epsylum
You don't also think Porsche's are just hopped up beetles too, do you?

;Q

Only if you put words in my mouth.

And in case you forgot, nothing with two volkswagen engines is worth 1.3 mil.
A lowly streetable corvette did 250+ in street/production trim back in '89. It was a twin turbo L98 callaway built by lpe. It did 254mph.
Yawn.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Veyron is kewl, it is just way too expensive imho and not that remarkable. Man, with 1000hp I'd think they could do better. . .

chris93473
05-20-2005, 03:11
ok

epsylum
05-20-2005, 17:30
Only if you put words in my mouth.

And in case you forgot, nothing with two volkswagen engines is worth 1.3 mil.
A lowly streetable corvette did 250+ in street/production trim back in '89. It was a twin turbo L98 callaway built by lpe. It did 254mph.
Yawn.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Veyron is kewl, it is just way too expensive imho and not that remarkable. Man, with 1000hp I'd think they could do better. . .

Well in that case why does any company try to make fast cars? I mean give up. The Calloway is the only supercar allowed to exist.

You can't afford one and neither can I. So guess what. They aren't trying to impress you or I (although they ARE impressing me).

BTW it is 1 16 cylinder motor based on a W8 basic architecture and then specifically built for this car and quad turboed. It isn't simply 2 W8s. Using that logic a Porsche 917/30 is only 2 911 motors.;g

The whole point of this car is sort of like a cross between a million dollar super car (which is, hey imagine that) and a luxury car. Sort of like if a Carrera GT or McLaren F1 or Konigsegg CCR got mixed up with a Maybach.

epsylum
05-20-2005, 17:31
Originally posted by Rob1035
once again, I prefer 'usable supercars'. They should have geared it to 180mph and broken all acceleration records....

If they geared it for 180, it would be doing a 180mph burn out.

chris93473
05-22-2005, 04:33
all i gotta do is put an airfilter and a bigass exhaust and tons of stickers and i can magically outrun the veyron with my civic Type -RABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQUSTRVWXYZ

streeter69
05-22-2005, 11:24
I still have yet to see a W-8 in person:(

triggerjerk
05-22-2005, 21:36
Well in that case why does any company try to make fast cars? I mean give up. The Calloway is the only supercar allowed to exist.

You can't afford one and neither can I. So guess what. They aren't trying to impress you or I (although they ARE impressing me).

BTW it is 1 16 cylinder motor based on a W8 basic architecture and then specifically built for this car and quad turboed. It isn't simply 2 W8s. Using that logic a Porsche 917/30 is only 2 911 motors.;g

The whole point of this car is sort of like a cross between a million dollar super car (which is, hey imagine that) and a luxury car. Sort of like if a Carrera GT or McLaren F1 or Konigsegg CCR got mixed up with a Maybach.

A 1.3 million dollar car with 4 turbos and 16 cylinders that can't beat a 15 year old car IS NOT impressive.

fnfalman
05-23-2005, 09:18
For the money, if I were that rich, I'd rather have a real Bugatti instead of a VW-parts kit.

epsylum
05-23-2005, 12:09
A 1.3 million dollar car with 4 turbos and 16 cylinders that can't beat a 15 year old car IS NOT impressive.

Man I am glad we have you here to tell us what to think.;Q

Rob1035
05-23-2005, 14:48
Originally posted by fnfalman
For the money, if I were that rich, I'd rather have a real Bugatti instead of a VW-parts kit.

EB110 variant would get my vote

triggerjerk
05-25-2005, 13:30
Man I am glad we have you here to tell us what to think.;Q

Well genius, from the posts it doesn't seem like I'm alone in my opinion.

I'm sorry you're all butt hurt about some super expensive exotic import that is overpriced and can't out perform a humble vette.

epsylum
05-25-2005, 14:15
Well genius, from the posts it doesn't seem like I'm alone in my opinion.

I'm sorry you're all butt hurt about some super expensive exotic import that is overpriced and can't out perform a humble vette.

When you say "IS NOT" does not sound like your are trying to convey an opinion, you are stating a FACT.

Also the sledgehammer is FAR from just a humble vette. Maybe you should learn about your "vette" before shooting off your mouth. they are a hand built racecar made in Germany. Every part of that car is gone over and reworked. Even welds are redone to be stronger.

I still have the 80's car and driver "supercars" special issue from where they talk all about it and other supercars (IIRC the Ruf Yellowbird is also in it, or was it the 959).

I am done arguing about a car neither of us can afford. Hell, you don't have or could afford a sledgehammer either.

1.3mil is not out of line when almost 10 year old Mclarens are still fetching 1 mil USED. This car is supposed to be faster (in more ways than one) AND more comfortable (as in have an actual interior). The price sounds about right.

triggerjerk
05-27-2005, 16:13
;Q