Big women [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Big women

Mr. Slithers
05-18-2005, 23:22
my sister is very large - top & bottom.
any holster recommendations?
she has an XD9, and needs a holster for the range.

Vic303
05-20-2005, 08:25
If it's just for range use, a paddle holster would do the trick, or an OWB of some kind.

akajimmy
05-24-2005, 22:07
my wife is also a little on the big side. She has her carry permit, but hasn't really done so. When she does she takes the fanny pack. Now she wants to get a holster and needs help/suggestions on ways to carry, besides a purse or fannypack. We have a G26 and a G19. She prefers the G19 and I will take the one that is left. I am attempting to get her try the comp tac ctac that I have.

Any suggestions?

akajimmy
05-24-2005, 22:12
my wife is also a little on the big side. She has her carry permit, but hasn't really done so. When she does she takes the fanny pack. Now she wants to get a holster and needs help/suggestions on ways to carry, besides a purse or fannypack. We have a G26 and a G19. She prefers the G19 and I will take the one that is left. I am attempting to get her try the comp tac ctac that I have.

Any suggestions?

Melissa Ann
05-25-2005, 12:11
Good holster for the range, for pretty much any curvy woman, (big, small or just "hippy" (curvy thru the hips)) is any marketed as a ladies offset and drop holster.

I'm a big gal (top and bottom). When I use a regular hoslter, I draw the gun and it digs into my ribcage, or more tender parts. ;)

I like the BladeTech Kydex Ladies offset and drop holster - that way if it's raining it doesn't get messed up like leather can.

I also have a Safariland 5183 with a Wilson Adapter. (leather, so it's a nice setup for carry)

You can also try pistolpacking.com and there are others out there.

Hope this helps.

Dino Rustler
05-25-2005, 21:46
My wife has the Blade Tech offset holster for a women. In blue jean color to match her pants. She loves it. Great offset and a nice all around range holster.

Vic303
05-26-2005, 08:55
For us larger women who choose to carry IWB, I can personally recommend switching to low-rise jeans. It'll move the grips down a bunch so it dowsn't dig into your ribs. Also, I can recommend some gear--Rafter S Gunleather for a belt, Sparks VM-II or Tucker Gunleather for holsters in leather, and Threat Solutions for the Kydex UCR. And Smart Carry for those times when belted carry is not possible.