DA and SA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DA and SA

IMnewtoguns
05-19-2005, 13:23
Hi everybody I'm new to firearms but I really want to learn as much as I can. If someone could tell me how a Double Action pistol works comparied to Single Action it would clear up a whole lot thanks.

Newbee

fastvfr
05-19-2005, 16:55
*crickets*

Okay, so most of us are out playing wage slave...here's three helpful hints:

A single action pistol (or revolver) needs its hammer cocked, via your thumb, for each shot, or to get the party rolling with a SA pistol the first shot must be fired with the hammer pulled back by thumb power.

A DA pistol (or revolver) allows for the trigger to do the cocking. A DAO pistol/revo is similar but there is no SA sear...the hammer must be cocked by the trigger for each shot. Thus, when you are done shooting, the hammer is down and any drop/FP safeties are engaged.

Thirdly, this is Tech Talk--here we discuss PC's and the like. Pistols and revolvers are "Over There".

;f ;z ;a ;z ;f

Sgt. Schultz
05-19-2005, 17:02
Wrong group ... this group is for computers,

A single action firearm has to be cocked each time before it can be fired. A double action firearm can be fired over and over again in rapid succession as quickly as the trigger is pulled.

fastvfr
05-19-2005, 20:24
Is there an ECHO in here?! ;z ;Q

Sgt. Schultz
05-19-2005, 21:21
Originally posted by fastvfr
Is there an ECHO in here?! ;z ;Q

When I started my reply your response hadnít yet posted, I must have clicked the "Post Reply" and started typing mine right before yours showed up ... ;a

lomfs24
05-19-2005, 21:43
Originally posted by Sgt. Schultz
When I started my reply your response hadnít yet posted, I must have clicked the "Post Reply" and started typing mine right before yours showed up ... ;a Check the post times. Does it really take you 7 mins to type three lines?

Just joking with ya. ;f

fastvfr
05-19-2005, 22:31
Awwww, snap.

http://d21c.com/walpurgis9/happies/faces/017.gif

Washington,D.C.
05-20-2005, 09:32
Originally posted by fastvfr
Awwww, snap.

http://d21c.com/walpurgis9/happies/faces/017.gif The first time I heard "snap",when two people said the same thing at the same time,was in South Africa.I've never heard that expression here in America before.

fastvfr
05-20-2005, 21:23
The first time I heard "snap",when two people said the same thing at the same time,was in South Africa.

Well, that's what happened here, isn't it?

And besides, that brown sound, shore do get around!! ;z ;g ;z