Holsters for women [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holsters for women

The Pontificator
05-21-2005, 19:46
C. Rusty Sherrick makes several holsters just for women.

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/Ladies.html

The "bosom buddy" holster is, at least to me, a little silly but the other standard holster designs look very good.

All are made of horsehide.

Cat91
05-22-2005, 13:38
I like the look of the high-rise one. Wonder if they make 'em for the Glock 19/23/32.

Miao, Cat

Vic303
05-23-2005, 12:21
They look ok I guess, but I get by just fine with a VM-II and a UCR. What DID help me with my draw was making the change to 'lowrise' jeans/shorts. Really moved the butt of the pistol down off my ribcage and meant I didn't have to raise my elbow over my shoulder height to clear the holster...(remember with IWB the front of the holster is sort of irrelevant to the draw as it is covered by your waistband/belt which will still have to be drawn clear of...

Melissa Ann
05-25-2005, 12:20
I like the bosom buddy idea, especially for ritzy dress occassions (like a formal dinner or wedding, something like that) - but why do they have to remove the cups from the bra to make it work? I'd like the bra to perform both tasks at the same time. I'll be danged if I'll wear two bras at the same time - one to hold ME and one to hold my gun. Interesting concept though, Paxton Quigley designed one too, but I couldn't find any vendors for it....

one"Lucky"shot
09-25-2005, 22:35
any one know or have an idea why the cups would have to be removed for the bosom buddy rig? a women would have to wear 2 bras? one for her and one for the weapon?? sounds a bit odd to me. like the idea though.

But unlike the Smart carry (no one wants to be caught or spends much time looking for odd bulges in that area) the bosom buddy would be more ... looked at... any sharp edges or extra bulges would draw attention.

(edited with spell check)