Early morning workouts...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Early morning workouts......

.264 magnum
05-23-2005, 11:04
I'm going to workout very early in the mornings for the next several months. What can I eat just before a workout that won't make me puke?

I don't want to workout with an empty stomach.

DonGlock26
05-23-2005, 20:43
Originally posted by .264 magnum
I'm going to workout very early in the mornings for the next several months. What can I eat just before a workout that won't make me puke?

I don't want to workout with an empty stomach.

I get a queasy stomach in the early AM. I can handle a banana. If not, maybe a protein shake?

Washington,D.C.
05-24-2005, 07:19
i wake at 4am.Banana is my favorite.Then I go for a run.Not a lot of banana,A small one or half of a large one.In Summer sometimes half a grapefruit.After morning run,half cup of All Bran with plain yogurt.

DonGlock26
05-24-2005, 09:31
I have read that you burn alot more fat with cardio in the am with no food prior. I hate getting up early, but a 300% increase is tempting.

testosterone
05-24-2005, 14:36
cardio on an empty stomach is ideal....think about you....sleep and the food you've eaten during the day is digested by the time you wake up. do your cardio and you are using stored fat as energy. Now if you eat something and do cardio you are buring the cals you just took in first, then tapping into fat stores.
If loosing fat is your main objective try it on an empty stomach. If you have to eat something munch on a few natural almonds to settle your stomach

California Jack
05-24-2005, 16:29
I AGREE 100% with Test!

Jack

ps... Hey .264Mag, how are the one-handed snatches going?