dvd recorders ?? and how and what [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dvd recorders ?? and how and what

hangmans joke
05-24-2005, 04:40
im buying a camcorder soonish. i am also wanting a dvd recorder so to make home movies to dvd . aand can i record off dss?? folks at cc and bb or no damn help /i want a standalone model .any one havve a good brand or options to go with??

also can i record from dvd collection ? like to make copies are it a no no ? i seen a lg model for 399 that has memory card slots ,i like that , its only one iseen that has them so you can view and i guess make dvd of your digital cam xdor sd cards/ any opnions. and what connections do i need on my dish network system ? its got a s video out ,the older reciever i have only has coaxial ,would that work too ?? im a big newbie to this . thanks hj

fastvfr
05-24-2005, 08:14
If you mostly want to back up your DVD collection and archive TV and video clips, then a DVD+/-RW for your PC and a TV Capture Card (or vid card with DVI) would be a cheaper and more useful tool.

You would need to find an application to remove the illegal encryption from your legally-purchased DVD movies so you can encode and burn them. You can find that sort of thig most anywhere on the Web, and you are within your rights to make one backup copy for yourself.

Better yet is the fact that there are few removable storage devices capable of storing the huge amount of data that a DVD-R can hold; this makes them an excellent choice for backing up large hard drives, thousands of high-quality photos or hours of digital video from your camera.

And they are getting cheaper by the day.

GL!

podwich
05-26-2005, 11:43
Definitely go with a DVD burner in your computer. A good one is the NEC ND-3520.

jhall
05-30-2005, 11:32
Ive got a Sony Dual Layer DVDRW in my comp and love it.

Going to add a tuner/capture card soon and see how that works out.

To back up movies I use DVD Shrink 3.2 and love it. Have yet to burn a disc that I couldnt play in a standalone dvd player, and the quality is pretty good.