Seen my first.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seen my first....

streeter69
05-24-2005, 19:15
Lotus Elise. Even tho it is british;g I like the way it looked.

Anyone else see one yet?

epsylum
05-24-2005, 21:33
Originally posted by streeter69
Lotus Elise. Even tho it is british;g I like the way it looked.

Anyone else see one yet?

Yup I saw a Yellow one and my brother saw a blue one.

Cool car. They are TINY. I feel they cost a tad much, but I guess that is the cost of exclusivity. At lest the US ones got a decent engine (Toyota 1.8) instead of that Rover POS.

I hear they handle like a slot car.

modgun
05-25-2005, 01:10
Yep, I keep seeing the same yellow one and I saw a red one. I want to see the blue one though!

I saw the yellow one first maybe a week or two ago.

Dont think Id buy one, but Id love to drive one!

Rob1035
05-25-2005, 05:24
I haven't seen any of those even though we have a dealer here. I did, however, see a McLaren-SLR as well as a Ferrari F40, both on the way to the range oddly enough.

fnfalman
05-25-2005, 08:27
Seen quite a few of them now. There was a fellow who is easily into his sixties and doesn't seem to be in good health who drives a red one with white stripes. That's gotta be hell on his back. With my fat belly, I could squeeze in but I could barely climb out.;J

It's a tight handling car, that's for damn sure.

epsylum
05-25-2005, 08:57
Originally posted by Rob1035
I haven't seen any of those even though we have a dealer here. I did, however, see a McLaren-SLR as well as a Ferrari F40, both on the way to the range oddly enough.

I have seen lots of cool cars here in Indy, but one of the coolest belongs to this old guy. I guess he made some anti-itch powder and made millions. He has a highly MODIFIED F40. The first time I saw it was Sat. night before the first ever USGP in 2000. I thought it was a kit car at first, since I didn't think anyone would do that to an F-40. But, when it took off and I heard thatexhaust note, I knew it was real.

Later my brother saw it while he was riding his CB-1000. It took off like a bat out of hell. He admitted there was no way his could have kept up with it.

There is also someone who has a stock F-40 that lives near my parents, A guy that used ot come to the Discount Tire where I used to work who has 2 Porsche 930 turbos (one a factory slope nose), some one who likes to hang out in Broad Ripple (area of indy with lots of bars and clubs) who has a deep blue Ferrari 512tr Testarossa (that thing sounds freakin awesome).

I am waiting for someone to turbo thier Elise. If I had one that would be the only thing on my mind.

Rob1035
05-25-2005, 10:01
I really wish Lotus had sealed the drivetrain deal with honda instead of Toyota...turbo B18C5s are making 300whp with stock compression/internals, I haven't seen much about turbocharging the 'Yota stuff though

fnfalman
05-25-2005, 10:46
TRD has turbocharging and supercharging outfits for their engines so it shouldn't be a big deal, although finding space for it would be "interesting"...

ATI_RAGE_
05-26-2005, 14:35
Yup I saw one up close a few months back. The guy didn't look like he knew what he really had, he drove it like an old lady.