Any wing chun practicioners? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any wing chun practicioners?

turbodude26
05-28-2005, 13:31
Anyone study centerline theory kung fu? Just wondering. I have been studying for qiute sometime now and have been getting into some groundwork and grappling defense as well to make me more well rounded.

TED
05-30-2005, 01:22
I tried it for a year and I like it very much. I am probably going to try to do it some more this summer if I have time.

TED

turbodude26
05-30-2005, 08:11
yeah i have been training for about 2 years. I love it, its a very practical form. no high kicks, lots of grappeling defense. But i must admit it is the most passive yet brutal forms i have ever taken.

MARTIN FISHER
05-30-2005, 10:21
Originally posted by turbodude26
yeah i have been training for about 2 years. I love it, its a very practical form. no high kicks, lots of grappeling defense. But i must admit it is the most passive yet brutal forms i have ever taken.

turbodude,

I would advise you to get with a good TKD guy and spar a little, I am not saying you should learn high kicks, but you had better know how to defend against them.

I love going up against WT types who have never been exposed to high kicks, they get really upset when I kick them in the head. :)

turbodude26
05-30-2005, 10:42
we spar against tkd partners, and i also i have experience in tkd, since i used to take it. i like to dabble in all types but have one base form.

MARTIN FISHER
05-30-2005, 11:07
I like to use the chain punch/straight blast from WC to get through puching range to the clinch, the low line kicking is also good from WC, good training to ya!

turbodude26
05-30-2005, 11:47
heck yeah :)