Adcc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adcc

gr81disp
05-29-2005, 21:19
The Abu Dhabi Combat Club World Submission Wrestling Championships just wrapped up. Winners listed below along with number of times won in cases of multiple times.

Under 65.9 Kg
Leozinho Viera (2x)

66-76.9 Kg
Marcelo Garcia (2x)

77-87.9 Kg
Ronaldo Jacare

88-98.9 Kg
Roger Gracie

99Kg and Over
Jeff Monson

Absolute (Open weight, 1st place fights in the next Superfight)
1st. Roger Gracie
2nd. Ronaldo Jacare
3rd. Marcelo Garcia (interesting sidenote, he tapped out Diego Sanchez and Ricco Rodriguez)

Superfight (between Jean-Jacques Machado and Dean Lister)
Dean Lister on points (8-0)

MARTIN FISHER
05-30-2005, 11:10
More proof the Gracies are over rated and washed up. Thanks for the results. I seen some video from the event, very cool.:cool:

gr81disp
05-30-2005, 11:17
Ehem, look at the last name of the Absolute and 88-98.9 Kg winner.

Renzo lost in a BIG upset and Royler decided to focus on MMA so he didn't compete this year.

Man, Marcelo Garcia came down to my school last year and that boy is sooooooo slick. I learned just by watching him. Didn't get to spar (white belt) but still, it was cool.

MARTIN FISHER
05-30-2005, 11:43
I was kidding!
At a seminar in Eugene, Or, Rickson wrestled all there (about 25 total) and submitted all without useing his hands at all!! It was great.

There was one guy there Rickson had to use one of his hands for about 3 seconds, it was one of his own black belts who attended the seminar with him.

I got to roll with Rorion and Royce at a seminar in New Mexico, it did not last long, but I knew GJJ was for me from the very first time I tapped. I remeber thinking, "this guy (Rorion) ain't doing nothing.", not one second later, I was tapping and thinking, "what the #$%^ was that?"

gr81disp
05-30-2005, 13:42
Ah ha! My mistake.

Man, Viera and Garcia are representing Jacare (Cavalcanti in ATL, not the one that just competed) very well. Garcia, Traven, and Viera makes three ADCC champs he has trained.

Ironeagle74
05-30-2005, 22:15
Viera is a wizard. Dean Lister seems like a huge upset to me too. Jean-Jacques is no slotch.

gr81disp
05-30-2005, 22:58
slouch

From the people there, it seems that Lister was just too big for Machado but JJ was more technical.

Ironeagle74
05-30-2005, 23:17
Sorry about the spelling...typing fast tonight. I wonder if most of the points were takedowns?