Lap Top Battery [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top Battery

Don At PC
05-30-2005, 08:04
I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 Lap Top and dearly love it. I have had it approximately 2 years and have never discharged the battery. I rarely use it on battery. The last time I used it on battery was about 3 months ago and it ran great for nearly 3 hours before I got the battery low warning.

So I am wondering; should I really discharge it and recharge it on a regular time schedule or am I better off to go by the old saying " If it aint broke, don't fix it" ? I imagine I will hear some comments from both sides of the issue but that is great because that will give me a better perspective to make my decision.

Thanks for any and all comments.

DWavs
05-30-2005, 09:19
YOu will find various answers for this that range from: don't discharge, to discharge, to removing it from your lappy if you are on AC 24/7. Good luck on finding the correct one. ;f

I am discharging mine once a month but it sounds like your performance wasn't effected after 2 years without discharge so you might want to stick with what you have been doing.

Don At PC
05-31-2005, 05:07
DWavs;

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some feed back. I too was expecting a large variety of answers. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thanks