Problems Burning CDs From mp3s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problems Burning CDs From mp3s

duncan
05-30-2005, 23:07
I've noticed that over the past couple weeks, I've had problems burning CDs from my mp3s.

Dowloaded mp3s from LimeWire, checked to make sure the mp3s where clean and ran.

Today I downloaded some AudioSlave, my 11-year old's band of the month.

And tried using MusicMatch to burn the CD. Then RecordNow from my HP Pavilion OEM pack.

Each time, the CD burned but song number one would lock up and you could not play the CD.

Anyone encouter this before?

Using Memorex music CD-Rs and they have worked fine before.

Have loaded tons of games and educational software using the same drive.

Even tried playing the burned CDs in another device, a cd player and the same problem was encountered.

Could the heads on my burner need cleaning? Is there is cleaning disc I can run?

Or do you think it's something else.

Help. I have the mp3s and they play well on my computer - but burning a CD - no!!!!!!

Soujurn
05-31-2005, 03:25
I doubt that it is dirty heads as that would effect all CD's and not just the ones you burn.

It might be that the files you downloaded have some anti piracy code inserted that is hanging up your CD's.
I don't know, but maybe.
Also, did this start after you tried to burn the Audioslave files or does it happen with everything you try to burn?

Furant
05-31-2005, 10:04
I have no idea what could be causing it, but my next step would be to manually decode them to WAV format and then try burning that. I would imagine you could do this through MusicMatch, I always have done it through either the wave_out.dll plugin for Winamp or in Mediamonkey (my music manager of choice).

For that matter, try downloading MediaMonkey and give it a go there. It has a built in burner.

Good luck.

duncan
05-31-2005, 10:24
Originally posted by Soujurn

Also, did this start after you tried to burn the Audioslave files or does it happen with everything you try to burn?

The problem with burning mp3s from LimeWire and Kazaa has been on and off for months.

duncan
05-31-2005, 10:27
Originally posted by jferrante
I have no idea what could be causing it, but my next step would be to manually decode them to WAV format and then try burning that. I would imagine you could do this through MusicMatch, I always have done it through either the wave_out.dll plugin for Winamp or in Mediamonkey (my music manager of choice).

For that matter, try downloading MediaMonkey and give it a go there. It has a built in burner.

Good luck.

I have MM, maybe I'll research decoding to wav.

And maybe I'll download the free/standard version of MediaMonkey.

Looks nice. Will I need the Gold version for the 48x versus 4x burn rates?

I only rip a CD a month basically - not a big user.

WDYT?

Furant
05-31-2005, 13:51
I've been a MediaMonkey Gold user for about 3 years now. I wasn't aware that the Freeware version limited the burn speed. But, yeah, that seems to be the case. Heck, I always step down the burn speed anyways just to ensure that I'm not creating coasters. I do that for both CDs and DVDs.

Just as an aside, the money I spent on MediaMonkey is about the best I have spent on ANY software. I am very loyal and enthusiastic about that application and how active the developers are on their discussion forums. I would easily buy that software again at twice the price.

duncan
05-31-2005, 15:20
Originally posted by jferrante
I've been a MediaMonkey Gold user for about 3 years now. I wasn't aware that the Freeware version limited the burn speed. But, yeah, that seems to be the case. Heck, I always step down the burn speed anyways just to ensure that I'm not creating coasters. I do that for both CDs and DVDs.

Just as an aside, the money I spent on MediaMonkey is about the best I have spent on ANY software. I am very loyal and enthusiastic about that application and how active the developers are on their discussion forums. I would easily buy that software again at twice the price.

I'll try the freeware version and then maybe upgrade to the Gold version (if I like it).

I've had problems with MusicMatch for the past year on and off.