Windows XP has underlined text below icons [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP has underlined text below icons

allanc
05-31-2005, 15:25
My EX asked me to "fix" her computer because it is running slow. She uses AOL and tends to pick up lots of spyware. It is especially bad after her mother visits and uses her computer. So, I ran various anti-spyware programs and deleted a bunch of stuff. It now runs much faster.

Back to the problem. All of the icons on the desktop now have underlined text. What that heck is causing that and how can I fix it?

TIA

wargod113
05-31-2005, 16:47
don't know it this will help but mine are underlined because I set my desktop so the icons are like links in a webpage. Meaning I only have to click the icon once for it to open.

allanc
05-31-2005, 16:57
Interesting, I will take a look at that next time I go over to her house. Any other ideas?

allanc
05-31-2005, 22:42
Originally posted by wargod113
don't know it this will help but mine are underlined because I set my desktop so the icons are like links in a webpage. Meaning I only have to click the icon once for it to open.

I just got back from my EX's place. That was the problem, thanks for the solution.

:)

wargod113
05-31-2005, 23:01
nice to know that I could help you

Toyman
06-01-2005, 04:56
Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options...

In the General tab of the Folder Options Dialog, The bottom group "click items as follows", "Single-Click to open an item (point to select)" is probably checked, as well as the underline item.

http://www.ioisland.com/boards/folderoptions.jpg