Got a Stumper for you guys!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got a Stumper for you guys!!

hotrodtba
06-02-2005, 19:26
On my desktop, when I close an IE window, it sounds the click like when you click on a website link. It never used to do this, and I can't think of anything I did to change it. My laptop does not do this. I have been through any sound and internet settings I can think of and can't seem to find it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Washington,D.C.
06-02-2005, 19:43
To remove the sound, open your Control Panel. On Windows 95/98/2000, doubleclick on the "Sounds and Multimedia" icon and choose the "Sounds" tab. On Windows XP, doubleclick the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon and choose the "Sounds" tab. On Windows NT, just doubleclick the "Sounds" icon. From here, the instructions are the same for each of the above operating systems. Scroll down in the "Sound Events" window until you reach the "Windows Explorer" section. In this section there is a "Start Navigation" option to assign sounds to. In the "Name" Drop down menu select "None" and then hit "OK".

hotrodtba
06-02-2005, 19:51
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
To remove the sound, open your Control Panel. On Windows 95/98/2000, doubleclick on the "Sounds and Multimedia" icon and choose the "Sounds" tab. On Windows XP, doubleclick the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon and choose the "Sounds" tab. On Windows NT, just doubleclick the "Sounds" icon. From here, the instructions are the same for each of the above operating systems. Scroll down in the "Sound Events" window until you reach the "Windows Explorer" section. In this section there is a "Start Navigation" option to assign sounds to. In the "Name" Drop down menu select "None" and then hit "OK".

I just checked my laptop, and that is turned on with the click sound, but my laptop does not click when I close IE. I will try it on my desktop though.

Washington,D.C.
06-02-2005, 19:55
I think it's the one that says "Close Program".

Washington,D.C.
06-02-2005, 19:58
There is also one called "Exit Window" but I don't think that's it.

hotrodtba
06-02-2005, 20:43
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
I think it's the one that says "Close Program".

When I checked this one, it did not have any sound on it, so I added one. Then when I closed the IE window, it made the click sound and the new sound I assigned to it. Something is a little screwy. I'll have to keep looking into it.

MLM
06-03-2005, 13:00
Is it possible that IE has a resident program running with it like a searchbar or something that closes out the same time that IE is closed?
Don't know much about what I'm talking about, just mussing.