Help! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help!

HKMark23
06-04-2005, 13:49
I feel stupid ;Q

I was trying to plug in another PC behind my desk and must have leaned on the mouse while doing so.
So I sit back down and my task bar is now on the top of my desktop AND I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MOVE IT BACK TO THE BOTTOM!

Ive had this happen before and was able to just drag it back down, but it seems to be "locked". I even called some friends and they have always done the same, but none of us can get it unlocked.

What gives? ;g

MrsKitty
06-04-2005, 17:18
Right click on the taskbar. Is "lock the taskbar" showing a check beside it? If so, click on it to unselect and then you should be able to drag it back down.

HKMark23
06-10-2005, 07:17
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Is "lock the taskbar" showing a check beside it?
I dont have that option.......

David_G17
06-10-2005, 11:46
what version of windows?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/movetaskbar.mspx

Soujurn
06-10-2005, 23:30
Try right clicking the task bar, click properties, and you should see a selection for locking the task bar. Make sure it isn't checked.
If it is, uncheck it, and left click the taskbar, and drag it to wherever you want it to be.

modgun
06-11-2005, 02:54
Turn your monitor upside down.

HKMark23
06-11-2005, 08:16
Originally posted by modgun
Turn your monitor upside down.
Im about ready to kick the thing!

Im using 98 and as I said I have no option for locking/unlocking the task bar.

FWIW I can grab the bottom edge of the taskbar and expand it down till it fills half the screen, but I cannot grab the top edge or sides and move those. I have moved/resized taskbars in the past and never had a problem.

Its driving me nuts........!

fastvfr
06-11-2005, 20:06
Winders 98 is suggesting you upgrade because it stinks in so many ways...

Try this: click and drag the taskbar to one side or the other, THEN after it is vertical drag it to the bottom.

Or >fdisk C:\ and install XP....;f ;a ;f

HKMark23
06-12-2005, 12:19
Originally posted by fastvfr
Try this: click and drag the taskbar to one side or the other, THEN after it is vertical drag it to the bottom.
Tried that already.

Is it a crime to drag your PC out into the town square and pump six into it?

Im getting a new PC soon but its still making me nuts!

Toyman
06-13-2005, 06:56
Originally posted by HKMark23
...FWIW I can grab the bottom edge of the taskbar and expand it down till it fills half the screen, but I cannot grab the top edge or sides and move those. I have moved/resized taskbars in the past and never had a problem.

You don't want to grab the top or sides, you want to drag from the middle of the taskbar. Now, this is something to note: It will not appear as though it's dragging, just hold down the mouse on it and move it to the bottom, once the mouse is there, it will move there.

http://www.ioisland.com/boards/taskbar.gif