How often to work out? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How often to work out?

Glock19Fan
06-07-2005, 16:34
Hey everyone!

Ive been busy for the past few weeks, but now I got things calmed down and am lifting again.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best resting time between workouts? I was told by my old high school football coach that working out every other day is the best, becuase it gives time for your muscles to relax and build. Ive been told by others that heavyweight lifters (benching 600+) workout 1 or 2 times a week. I have also been told that working out every day, but with medium workouts, are best.

What has everyone here had the most success with? Im thinking about doing heavy lifting on my arms on one day, and light with my legs, and the next day I go heavy on my legs and light on my arms. Or would doing medium of both each day be best?

Thanks!

mrdoright04/05
06-07-2005, 16:59
http://bodybuilding.com Good Luck.:)

RockinAR
06-07-2005, 17:09
I find I do best with lots of rest. I do a 3 day split.

MON: Chest/Back

WED: Legs

FRI: Arm/Shoulders

Then I flip flop the MON and FRI workouts every other month.

Glock13
06-07-2005, 17:12
Depends what you are trying to achieve. When I was only lifting, I would go 5 days per week. I have since had to drop weight for Air Force Officer School. Now, I'd say I average 6.5 days per week. Here would be a typical breakdown for a week:

Day 1: Shoulders/cardio
Day 2: Back/forearms
Day 3: Cardio/Abs
Day 4: Chest/cardio
Day 5: Legs/cardio
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: Forearms/cardio

This is what works for me. If you are really serious about gaining muscle mass and getting big, I would recommend 5 times per week.

mr_glock17_9mm
06-07-2005, 20:02
6 days a week.

I train for Health and Fitness.

I cycling stationary bike, MTB and road bike.
I like to mix things up Ill cycle 30 mins on the MTB or Road bike then finish things off on the stationary bike 15 mins (45 mins).

For strength I do pushups, Squats, and other resistant exercise. No weights. Well maybe sometimes. ;)

I train abs every otherday.