When and what to load into the system. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : When and what to load into the system.

NDGlock
06-08-2005, 10:05
My brother-in-law is a chiropractor and very interested in health and fitness...he even did a local bodybuilding show.

Anyway, he said the optimum times for the body to take in calories are as follows:

Wake-up to 10AM (2 light meals):
Fruits - They are good detoxifiers and remove waste.

10AM to 4PM (2 light meals):
Carbs - Pastas w/some protein - good energy sustainers
Veggies - healthy (stir fry)

4PM to sleep (1 heavy or 2 light meals):
Protein - muscle re-builders (steak etc)
Veggies - healthy (steamed)

Anyway, I tried this for a week and while I was way too hungry, I did start to cut up a bit more. It is very time consuming as he recommends 'juicing' the fruits and vegetables. This takes too much time for me and too many trips to the grocery store.

It might be worth looking into if you want to cut for a show. He said it is optimized for the body's cycle.

What are your recommendations for meals...preferrabley 5 x a day?

robwebbg22
06-08-2005, 12:04
Your body only needs red meat once a week to get the minerals etc.. you need. Fish is expensive but is great for you add a lot of fish, chicken etc.. along with protein shakes bars whatever. Creatine and glutamine are great supplements to take along with a multi-vitamin drink lots of water and cut out all cokes. A couple cups of coffee in morning is all u need if u must. If you are trying to bulk up with muscle mass I would cut out running an just do 15-25 minutes on a treadmill 3-4 days a week. Anyway thats what I do and I have pretty good strength gains. I hurt my shoulder last year so I am not doing heavy lifting anymore. I just do reps with 225 on bench. Warmup set then work up and do a set of 25 15 10. I do all flat bench on Mondays an Incline declines flys etc. on thursday. 2 on 1 off 2 on and rest on sat/sun. Good luck!