Integrated PD/FD ? We've got one in Ohio. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Integrated PD/FD ? We've got one in Ohio.

jlw_84
06-08-2005, 23:25
Here in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, we've got a Police/Fire Department.

All Officers also work at Firefighters, and are expected to handle fire calls on and off duty.

http://www.amberleyvillage.org/PDFD/

The Amberley Village Police and Fire Department is one of two fully consolidated public safety departments in the State of Ohio. All officers are cross-trained in law enforcement and firefighting services. The degree of specialization is necessary to meet the broad responsibilities of a combined agency. Such complete individual capabilities minimized expenditure and maximize quick and effective response to the wide range of citizen demands and requests.

ClydeG19
06-09-2005, 07:34
I know someone from the upper peninsula of MI and he says they have a few of these up there.

jlw_84
06-09-2005, 08:47
New York City has the ESU or whatever, they are police officers but do rescue work and whatnot.

Hopefully someone will come enlighten me on this.

Charlie Fox
06-11-2005, 09:38
Years ago a small city up here tried to create a "Public Safety Dept" - sent their cops through the fire academy and their firefighters through the police reserve academy. The idea was that the personnel could be interchanged for vacations or whatnot. This lasted about two years (about as long as the mayor was in office!) and it was decided the two disciplines were just too different.

Well, DUH!;Q

PBR_Cowboy
06-13-2005, 08:49
that's all kinds of messed up, I've only had dreams about that job...I didn't know it really existed!!!!

^7 ^7 ^7 ^7 ^5 ~2 ;W ;+ ;+ ~wg

AggiePhil
06-15-2005, 09:30
Police officers at DFW Airport in Dallas, Texas are cross-trained in PD/FD. My EMT class instructor used to work there as a Police Officer/Firefighter.

CAcop
06-21-2005, 20:41
Sunnyvale is a DPS. Rohnert Park was about a decade ago, but now I don't know. Brisbane used to be but they split up about a decade ago. Our old chief wanted to do it but the city never went for it.

ledgenoodle
06-22-2005, 01:12
that is cool..you can shoot the bad guy, then pull your med kit out of your police ambulance and save his life..:)