What Subaru did I see??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Subaru did I see???

emt1581
06-09-2005, 12:54
While at Wally World picking up a box of ammo, I notice the blue car next to me. Rather sporty looking. It had dodge stealth type windows. You know what I mean? The kind that cut off half way up the window and then the glass continues to the frame.

Anyways, while leaving the space I noticed it said Subaru on the trunk and the model was SWX or SRX or something like that that definitly ended in X. One thing though it definitly was NOT a WRX. Looked nothing like it.

I know some people pimp out their cars with aftermarket stuff. This was not an aftermarket pieced car. It's shape was much curvier and lower to the ground than a WRX's boxy shape.

I tried searching on Subaru's site and they list nothing along the lines of what I saw.

Did I see something that was made waaayyy before the WRX or was I just delusional???

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Rob1035
06-09-2005, 12:58
probably an SVX
http://richard.quetand.free.fr/photos%20grande%20taille/Subaru%20SVX.jpg

Came to the US from 92-97, 3.3 liter flat 6, hampered by a slushbox

more info at www.subarusvx.com

emt1581
06-09-2005, 13:00
Yup that's it!!! Thanks!!!:)

I remembered it with the front being a bit more curvy, but that's definitly what I saw.

Thanks again, I was beginning to think I was seeing things.

-Emt1581

Rob1035
06-09-2005, 13:10
its pretty nifty looking, but the tranny and weight killed it as a performance car. Plus i dunno how drive through friendly those windows are (crucial for me):cool:

epsylum
06-14-2005, 16:54
My brother was thinking about buying one of those. That is until he found a deal on a ultra clean 87 Corolla GTS (yup, a real deal Hachi-roku). He still gets pissed when he thinks about his ex totaling that GTS.

fnfalman
06-14-2005, 16:59
Ah, the old SVX. Supposedly with that weird window setup, you can ride in the rain with the window down and won't get wet.

Rob1035
06-14-2005, 19:53
I've always wondered where in the hell that came from. Its not like subaru has every really been in the sports coupe business, but I guess the Impreza 2.5RS (here in the US) and the other older hot Sti models (non-US) sort of show that sort of thinking.