CD Burning Program......Which One?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CD Burning Program......Which One??

Nalapombu
06-10-2005, 23:51
Hey all,

I was making a couple of Music CD's the other day and after I was done I realized a LOT of shortcomings of the programs I am using.
I have REAL Player Basic, MusicMatch JukeBox, Media Player 10 and Sonic Record Now that came with the system. I tried ALL of them and each have shortcomings and I am hoping that I can find a TOTAL solution so I can just use a single program for all my CD buring chores.
After I select the tracks from my MP3 list that I want on the CD, I want to be able to EDIT the text of the tracks. The ones I have now will not let me do it (Musicmatch will). After I drag the track to the other window that's how it gets written to the CD. That bugs me cause some of my MP3's have funny filenames and they are songs that those pesky tags won't work for either. So that's one problem. The next big thing that BUGS the heck out of me is that after I am done recording a CD I want to make a case insert when I can print the contents of the newly made CD and put it with the disc. NONE of the programs I have will do this. They want me to upgrade to the PREMIUM edition. My old program that came with my stsem would let me do all this stuff beautifully, but that ones gone.
I also hate the way it behaves AFTER I put my newly made CD into the drive to play it. It will list the songs and show that they are all from "Unknown Artist" and the songs are all "UNKNOWN." This is all getting really irritating.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a program that I can switch to that will let me do all the stuff I want? What do you use that works well?
Any ideas will be helpful.
Thanks

Nala

pyblood
06-11-2005, 00:41
I think that Nero will be your best bet. I have it on all of my PCs with burners. I think that it is probably one of the most powerful CD burning programs out there. You can give the CD a specials name, make labels. You can also download a free 30 day free trial from www.nero.com. It does come with a pretty hefty price tag. I think that it around $100 (including S&H) for the retail package (I would recommend this one) or you can buy a serial from them that will convert the trial over to a registered copy. It’s only $80.

About the song's properties: You can change that yourself. All you have to do is right click on the song and choose properties. Choose the “summary” tab, and make sure that you are in “advance” view. You can edit the song’s info that way. You can add the song’s title, artist, year, etc.

Washington,D.C.
06-11-2005, 01:22
A lot of people like Nero.I haven't used it much.I had both Record Now and Record Now Max.The full Max version is much nicer than the small version that comes with some CD burners.Here is a free one you can try

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CDBurnerXP_d4242.html

kilroy2721
06-11-2005, 06:46
I have tried several versions and I think that Nero is by far the best.

Furant
06-11-2005, 09:02
I agree that Nero's the best and I use it frequently. But I have also used this freeware software that has a very similar interface to Nero and has always given me good results.

CDBurnerXP Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)

fastvfr
06-11-2005, 20:04
I use Alcohol 120% and Nero 6.

Both are excellent.

Jtemple
06-11-2005, 22:40
<-- Another Alcohol 120% (priceless app, in my opinion) and Nero 6 user.

mitchshrader
06-21-2005, 10:45
90%+ of burning needs are done well by Nero. Alcohol 120 gets those few things <*cough*> that Nero won't.

That said, Tag n' Rename is a darn handy utility.

CDEX is another.

MP3 Surgeon is another.

Easy CD-DA is another.

Nero comes free with many burners, and I have a PILE of the cds.

Don't pay retail. Ask a local comp builder for a freebie. They exist.

Or, worst case, blow a few bucks on a spare burner that includes it.

Should you be in doubt as to the brand you'ld like, I can recommend LiteOn, they're industrial strength and low priced. Might as well go all out and get a DVD burner, which does CD's as well, it's almost the same price.

G'luck.

;)

Michael Dean
06-21-2005, 13:01
I've been using "Easy Media Creator v.7" by Roxio for a little over a year now. It works well for music, data, and DVD's.