Problem with Powerpoint [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Powerpoint

MC
06-13-2005, 04:25
Some time ago, I put a PowerPoint presentation together that included quite a number of Hi-Res photos. What I would now like to do is re-save those photos at a lower resolution to reduce the size of the file (around 318 megs at present). Is there some way to take a photo back out of a PowerPoint presenttation to edit it? At the moment I'm not having much luck.

fastvfr
06-13-2005, 09:29
Get OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org/) and use that to edit.

I find the OO.org applications to be better than their M$ forebears in every way.

And for high-quality photo editing software, nothing beats the GIMP!

Especially for the price!!!

MC
06-13-2005, 18:37
fastvfr

I'll give it a try,

thanks

David_G17
06-14-2005, 12:55
if all else fails, screen capture it then crop.

Furant
06-14-2005, 14:13
Under the Powerpoint file menu, click "Save as Web Page...". This will output some html and a subdirectory called "'ppt name'_files". In this directory, you'll find original quality PNGs and some downsized JPGs. Just crop or resample them in Irfanview and paste them back into Powerpoint.

Joey

MC
06-14-2005, 23:21
Originally posted by jferrante
Under the Powerpoint file menu, click "Save as Web Page...". This will output some html and a subdirectory called "'ppt name'_files". In this directory, you'll find original quality PNGs and some downsized JPGs. Just crop or resample them in Irfanview and paste them back into Powerpoint.

Joey

Joey,

tried it today, it worked like a dream, many thanks.

Mark

Blitzer
04-30-2009, 18:33
Microsoft's tech support told me never to make a Power Point presentation that large, as it gets real dicey!