Digital camera issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera issue

ClydeG19
06-13-2005, 07:47
I have been having trouble connecting my digital camera to my computer. The camera is a Kodak CX7430 and it sits in the standard Kodak dock. It's connected to the computer by USB. When I use the Kodak Easyshare software to attempt to transfer pics from the camera, it says it can not detect any devices. When I hit the button on the dock to transfer, the lights on the dock blink like they should but the computer does nothing. Bad USB cable or does anyone have other suggestions?

Washington,D.C.
06-13-2005, 08:18
It seems the "Easyshare" software on the CD with the camera is incompatible with Windows 2000 or XP if they are fully updated. They suggest that you download new software from their website instead, but to do that you must register, and their website refused to let me do that. So to share pictures on a camera with "EasyShare" in its NAME, I had to eventually go to Microsoft's support site to learn how to uninstall the Windows update that was interfering with Kodak's software. Now I have to worry about Windows re-installing that update next time I run Windows Update. Does this seem "Easy" to you?

fastvfr
06-13-2005, 09:33
Remove the Kodak EasyCrap software and just use the XP Transfer Wizard that will pop up when you insert the camera into the dock.

I have an EasyShare LS443 and that works for me. BTW, the Kodak 'ware is buggy and even includes spyware in the form of Backweb! ;Q ;g

Good luck.

mitchshrader
06-21-2005, 02:43
Despite our irreconciliable differences, I'm forced to admit your skilz .. I didn't know about the Kodak backweb bundleing..

I can't WAIT for the x86 Macs.. so far I've heard a few cases of self mutilation, occasional Tourette-like reactions, and extreme nausea as side effects, from the Mac lovers.. Spyware on a Mac! It sounds like some sort of lunch you'ld see in a highschool cafeteria.. mmm mmm good!

;z

Washington,D.C.
06-21-2005, 05:22
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=130&pq-locale=en_US