Just got hired by an EMS company after a few years out of the biz [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got hired by an EMS company after a few years out of the biz

AggiePhil
06-14-2005, 03:29
Well, it looks like I'm going to be going to work as an EMT-B with an EMS company in the area. I'm pretty excited about it. It's been...about three years since I've been in the EMS business (been certified for five years). And I've never worked for an ambulance company (before, I worked for a university sports EMS service). Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share the good news. :cool:

Tvov
06-14-2005, 12:22
Good news. Is this in a city area? What kind of call volume?

AggiePhil
06-14-2005, 12:27
It's a city with a population of about 115,000. That being said, I don't think the call volume is very large. Supposedly only two Priority A trucks are always on-duty, and this is apparently adequate. Not what I'm used to for a large city. Also, since I'm an EMT-B, I believe I won't be on any of the Priority A trucks, and will instead just be doing Priority B transports and whatnot. I could be wrong about this, but it was explained to me that they keep Paramedics on the 911 trucks. ~sd Oh well...I'm still excited about it all. :)

DaleGribble
06-14-2005, 14:22
Two emergent trucks for 115,000 seems awfully low.

The county I work for covers 506 square miles with a population of 25,000 people and we have two emergent trucks on duty at all times and I've heard talk of adding a third truck within the next few years.

Fox800
06-14-2005, 19:12
Hmm...did you work for TAMU RecSports, Phil?

AggiePhil
06-14-2005, 19:14
Originally posted by Fox800
Hmm...did you work for TAMU RecSports, Phil?
HAHA! Why yes I did! ^c

P.S.-IM me at stat007