Electric Motor Mounts - What the heck are these for? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Electric Motor Mounts - What the heck are these for?

CarloPonti
06-14-2005, 17:33
I have a Nissan Maxima 2000 that has had the electric motor mount(s) go bad. First time I've ever heard a bad motor mount. With the engine off, the little motor or whatever, freewheels and makes a whining noise. You have to disconnect the battery to stop the motor.

What in the heck are these things for? What do they look like?

carloponti;g

indytruckboy
06-17-2005, 05:23
;P I think someone is trying to take you for a fool. Never heard of 'electric' motor mounts. Mounts do go bad, but I never heard of 'electric'.;5 ^d

Ramtuff
06-17-2005, 13:29
Yeah, someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Motor mounts do go bad, as they have rubber isolators to absorb engine vibration, but there's no such thing as an electric motor mount. Where's this whining noise coming from? The engine bay, or farther back under the car?

CarloPonti
06-17-2005, 16:46
Sorry fellows. Yes, there are electric motor mounts and my car has them. A number of Nissan automobiles have them.

They have gel in them and this little motor works to distribute gel in the motor mount to smooth out engine vibration, or something like that.

I got the motor mounts back from the dealer and pryed open one of the modules attached to the motor mount.

After my accident I heard a noise that I described to my next door neighbor that sounded just like a tiny motor with the shaft spinning.

Voila!! Inside, as you can see, is a little motor and a cog assy.

Honestly, I think I could have done without these.

$570 to replace. I ain't a mechanic or I would have done it myself.

Here are the pics I took.

carloponti

CarloPonti
06-17-2005, 16:48
again

CarloPonti
06-17-2005, 16:49
again

Ramtuff
06-17-2005, 17:34
I stand corrected. I've never heard of such a thing...pretty retarded if you ask me. ;g ;c

CarloPonti
06-17-2005, 18:12
Very retarded!!!

carloponti

One Ragged Hole
06-20-2005, 13:11
"Let's see now, how complicated can we make this motor mount? But hey... It's GELLIN!!
O-R-H

CarloPonti
06-20-2005, 13:13
LOL!!!