Any (fiberglass) dune buggy enthusiasts out there? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any (fiberglass) dune buggy enthusiasts out there?

Sundog
06-15-2005, 09:30
I guess I'm going through my second childhood, but I've been thinking lately of building a dune buggy with my son. When I was a kid, it seemed like you could buy a buggy kit just about anywhere (JC Whitney, Sears, etc.) but now the kits are few and far between. Don't see too many old ones still around, either. Bruce Meyers has begun selling a new version of the Manx, but they're pretty pricey (almost $20,000;P ) Berrien makes a couple of bodies that aren't too expensive. Anybody out there into fiberglass buggies?

glockmeister71
06-16-2005, 01:04
I'm not into them now,but remember alot of fun times in one.Before I had anything to drive to school,a buddy of mine had one that I rode to and from high school for a year in.We had lots of fun in it and in a rail buggy he had,too.He was only 15 driving to school.We lived in a rural area and that was like 18-19 years ago.They were so much fun on gravel roads,poppin (lil') wheelies on pavement,getting soaked in the rain,etc.I miss those days...

magsnubby
06-16-2005, 01:04
It's been about 10 years since i built a 'glass VW buggy so i haven't really kept up with the VW scene. I do occasionally glance through Hot VW's and Dune Buggys or VW Trends. There's usally an add or two for 'glass bodies.

They're some fun little rigs.