GM's "Employee Discount"--deals or hype? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GM's "Employee Discount"--deals or hype?

JMag
06-15-2005, 14:48
Any real deals to be found on say a Yukon XL with GM's latest offer? Or, is it mostly marketing fluff??

I'm thinking holding off until the first of the year for the redesigned model would get me a better vehicle though.

glockmeister71
06-16-2005, 01:07
I don't know for sure,but it sure sounds like a bunch of BS,doesn't it?

Rob1035
06-16-2005, 05:18
its funny considering how many employees are being laid off.

what they need to do is sell a cloth interior GTO with a solid rear end for $20k. the camaro faithful would come running....

streeter69
06-16-2005, 05:54
When and auto company gives huge discounts like this or major rebates, they are trying to dump there over stock.

epsylum
06-16-2005, 08:31
Apperently the "American Revolution" didn't do too hot.

I still wouldn't buy one, but that's because I would never own a GM. In all my experiecenes thier lemon rate is much higher than most.

JMag
06-17-2005, 15:44
Originally posted by glockmeister71
I don't know for sure,but it sure sounds like a bunch of BS,doesn't it?

Fo' sho'...thanks to all. I'm holding off for now...waiting and watching.

podwich
06-17-2005, 17:24
Assuming you're getting the actual employee discount (I haven't looked into it), it's a pretty good deal.

ponykilr
06-18-2005, 09:03
people who work for a GM dealer get what is called GMS. it is a price that is lower than the sticker. it varies by model and price, but any rebate is on top. i bought a 2002 camaro SS(31k sticker) for just a shade over 24.5k with tax and tags(rebate included).
all manufacturers are feeling the heat right now and if you can be patient, i think you will see deals like you have never seen before this fall.

JohnH
06-18-2005, 09:24
This is the real deal. Look at it this way: After the U.S. government bails out G.M., you as tax payer, will be entitled to every incentive and discount. Remember, you heard it here first. JohnH

walangkatapat
06-19-2005, 00:27
Originally posted by JohnH
This is the real deal. Look at it this way: After the U.S. government bails out G.M., you as tax payer, will be entitled to every incentive and discount. Remember, you heard it here first. JohnH

Now that would be genuine corporate welfare.

RockinAR
06-20-2005, 07:17
It's just this years gimmick to dump their 05 models to make room for 06s. Almost all manufactures are running this "deal"

oldstyle
06-26-2005, 19:13
Way back when I worked at Ford, a co-worker bought a Ranger at "employee price of $100 over invoice". That same day a regular customer bought the same thing for less....;Q

The desk can work the numbers any way they need to, but the profit is in there somewhere. Try to get employee price AND 0% financing and see what they tell you. ;)

Glenn E. Meyer
06-27-2005, 14:17
Eek!

Wrong thread!

Sorry

ponykilr
06-30-2005, 12:59
there is a big difference between GMS price and invoice. GMS is lower than what a dealer pays GM when the car is sold. GM is indeed offering GMS price to the general public. it is absolutely the lowest price you can pay. its for real. i currently work at a GM dealer and this has never been done before. all auto manufacturers are hurting right now, sales are down, prices are low. but i still say, wait til about october/november and you will be amazed.