x-box v. ps 2 -new purchase [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : x-box v. ps 2 -new purchase

dojpros1998
06-16-2005, 10:03
new to this world and the twins(6) want a box. I thought I could use it regardless as a dvd player. Which is better?

TitansFan
06-17-2005, 15:53
I like the xbox for it's hard drive. No need to buy multiple memory cards. Plus you can rip your favorite cd's onto it and create custom soundtracks for some games.

audi9k
06-18-2005, 16:44
i used to be a huge PS2 fanboy, but for some time now the machine has been showing it's age. i'm going to have to recommend the XBox as well.

the hard drive is sweet, the graphics look better (of course that depends on the game too), and it's dvd player i feel is better. my PS2 always seems to display things darker.

my only complaint about the XBox is the controllers. the forward trigger buttons are great, but i've never been fond of the white and black buttons. they're awkwardly placed and probably would've been served better if they were placed underneath the triggers like the PS2's 4 shoulder buttons.

Jtemple
06-19-2005, 18:17
Both consoles have good games. The available libraries for the two consoles is virtually identical, to the casual gamer.

The XBox has better hardware. Hence, the games look better.

The XBox has better online play.

The PS2 will play DVDs right out of the box. The XBox requires a $30 DVD kit for DVD playback.

The XBox is compatible with more DVDs. You will find the occasional DVD that will not play on a PS2. I haven't found one yet that won't play on my XBox.

The XBox has better controllers, in my opinion.

If I were you, and you can wait awhile for a console, get one of the new generation consoles. They are going to be worlds better than the existing generation.

jzsides
06-19-2005, 19:57
I've heard the xbox 360 will be available before December and the PS3 will be out next year. If you are leaning towards the xbox it may be worth waiting.