Upcoming Texas GlockTalk Shoot (August 6) Roll Call! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Texas GlockTalk Shoot (August 6) Roll Call!

AggiePhil
06-17-2005, 10:33
Mark your calendars, folks! It's that time of year again! Time for the 2005 Summer Lone Star Glockers Shoot! This year it's going to be on Saturday, August 6, at the Allcorn Creek Shooting Facility in Bryan, Texas. That leaves plenty of time for us to spread the word, make openings in our schedules, and save up for guns, ammo, and traveling expenses!

About the Facility
Allcorn Creek (www.allcorncreek.com) is a very nice shooting facility with three separate grassed 35 yard pistol ranges (w/covered firing lines), one 100 yard rifle range (w/covered firing line), and various skeet/trap stations. Additionally, there is an indoor air conditioned pro shop with ammunition and rental guns available. We will have an entire pistol range to ourselves, on which to shoot pistols, tactical shotguns, and possibly carbines. As I mentioned before, all the ranges have covered firing lines, which will be much welcomed in the heat. We can draw from holster, draw from concealment, and shoot while moving. Many ranges won't let you do that! Each pistol range has berms on three sides, so we would have our own area to ourselves. And if some folks want to wander over to other pistol ranges and/or the rifle range, that will be fine too. He did ask that we refrain from shooting any full-auto guns though.

The owner of the facility is going to offer us flat range fee of $5 per person (it'd normally be $5 per person, per hour!). I'm predicting us to have at least 15 or 20 people show up, so this will be a great deal for all.

About the Location
The facility is located northeast of Bryan, Texas, about 10-15 minutes from Hwy. 6. I have posted a detailed map below showing how to get to the range from Hwy. 6 and Briarcrest. Bryan is located right next to College Station, and is in a good central location for people coming from Houston, Austin, Waco, DFW, and Tyler. I've also posted a map of Texas showing whereabouts it's located in relation to these cities. I have also posted some directions on the best way to get there from some of these cities, just to make things easier. I went to school in College Station for four years, and still spend about 1/3 of my time there, so I'm very familiar with the area and will be able to help out with any problems or questions (such as where to eat, drink, buy ammo, etc.). On the other thread that I started a while back about this get-together, several people said they would be willing to carpool with others coming from out of town. So if you are interested in doing that, please mention that in your roll call post.

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtmeetmap.jpg

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtmeetdetailmap.jpg

Driving from Dallas:
• take I-45 South to Madisonville (145 miles)
• take Hwy. 190 West to Hwy. 6 in Bryan (36 miles)
• take Hwy. 6 South to the Briarcrest exit (2 miles)
• go Left on Briarcrest to cross over Hwy. 6
• Briarcrest becomes FM 1179; proceed Northeast and follow the detail map

Driving from Tyler:
• take Hwy. 31 West to Corsicana (73 miles)
• take I-45 South to Madisonville (91 miles)
• take Hwy. 190 West to Hwy. 6 in Bryan (36 miles)

Driving from Waco:
• take Hwy. 6 South to Bryan (85 miles)
• take the Briarcrest exit

Driving from Austin:
• take 290 East if you're coming from North Austin or 71 East if you're coming from South Austin
• proceed East until the highway meets Hwy. 21 East (~40 miles)
• take Hwy. 21 East to Bryan (59 miles)
• turn Right (South) on Hwy. 6 in Bryan

Driving from San Antonio:
• take I-35 North to San Marcos (~40 miles)
• take Hwy. 21 East exit in San Marcos
• proceed East on Hwy. 21 to Bryan (115 miles)
• turn Right (South) on Hwy. 6 in Bryan

Driving from Houston:
• take Hwy. 290 West (Northwest) to Hempstead (~50 miles)
• exit and follow signs toward Bryan on Hwy. 6 North
• take Hwy. 6 North to the Briarcrest exit in Bryan (48 miles)
• take the Briarcrest exit
• go Right (Northeast) on Briarcrest

Roll Call Instructions
If you are planning to attend, please post to this thread with any of the following information that you're willing to share. I think it would be nice to at least be able to put names and usernames with faces beforehand. I know that I forgot half the people from the last GT shoot I went to because I'd just learned their names that day. ;f

Your name (first, full, whatever):
The location you will be coming from:
The guns you will be bringing and wouldn't mind letting others shoot:
Your picture (if at all possible):
If you are willing to pick up other GTers who are looking to carpool, or are looking to find a ride with someone else, please post that too. Also, if you would prefer to get a hotel room for the night after, feel free to mention that. And of course, post any questions or comments you have. :)

We will begin at 11:00 AM and shoot until about 4:00 PM (depending on what everybody wants to do). At that time, we will travel in convoy to C&J's BBQ, which has delicious brisket, among other things (great sandwiches too). After this, you can organize more plans if you wish, or those who want to can head back home (should be around 6:30).

OK, I think that does it for now. I'll post more as things come up. Thanks so much guys...it's going to be a blast. :cool:

P.S.-be sure to bring your own factory ammo if you're interested in shooting other people's guns

AggiePhil
06-17-2005, 10:36
I'll be there!

• Phillip
• I'll already be in Bryan-College Station, but I live in Abilene
• I'll have a GLOCK 30 (.45), a Winchester 1300 Defender tactical shotgun (12 ga.), and possibly a GLOCK 19 (9mm); all will be available for others to shoot

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/philgtmeetpic.jpg

:)

Soldat
06-17-2005, 11:11
I will be there too.

Scott
Austin/Round Rock
I'll bring my 2 G20's, Ruger Gp-100, BFR in 475Linebaugh, Benelli M1S90, and Stoeger coachgun.

If anyone is intrested in playing with rifles, I have a Sako mk V in 300winmag and a Marlin 1895G in 45-70.

Here's a pic of me and my then pup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/recoiljunkie/1.jpg

kjm1016
06-17-2005, 11:42
Kevin and wife, Leigh
from SE of San Antonio
I'll bring my RRA M4 carbine, my G23, and my H&R 1875 Officers Model Trap door Springfield. Leigh will bring her 9mm Baby Eagle.
See everyone there!;d ;+

Wildpony
06-17-2005, 12:24
OK Im in. Ill bring my Colt 1911 and a G19 if I have it by then. Ill see what else I can come up with for the "oooh aaaahh" factor.

AggiePhil
06-17-2005, 12:26
Originally posted by Wildpony
OK Im in. Ill bring my Colt 1911 and a G19 if I have it by then. Ill see what else I can come up with for the "oooh aaaahh" factor.
Are we just to call you "Wildpony" and recognize you by the horse's arse? ^8 ;e

P.S.-see the lower portion of the opening post

davevand
06-17-2005, 12:50
I'll be there.

Dave
NW side of Houston.
Glocks, G19, G23, G22. Ruger GP-100, SP-101. HK USPc 45, CZ P-01. maybe more.

Definitely need to room.

rattfink1
06-17-2005, 13:27
Brian
North Dallas Area

I will be bringing:

Glock 22
Glock 19
Beretta 92FS
KelTec P3AT
Bersa Thunder .380
Russian Takarov TT-33
AK-47

Of course the list is subject to change at anytime. Hopefully it will be larger.

You will have to excuse the picture. Its the only one I had at work. My wife would shoot me if she knew I posted this one.

ShipWreck
06-17-2005, 16:09
Be there too. But, I don't wanna give out info on the board. Sorry. I do live in CS, though. I may also have 2 co-workers with me as well.

Hey, does the range now supply target stands? A co-worker said he went last year and you had to have your own...

AggiePhil
06-17-2005, 16:12
Originally posted by ShipWreck
Hey, does the range now supply target stands? A co-worker said he went last year and you had to have your own...
They have low-ground stands that hold sheets of cardboard. Since we're going to be shooting so much (and will be shooting shotguns), I'm going to attempt to bring some large sheets of cardboard with me to replinish (refrigerator boxes?). But if anyone here already has a lead on some cardboard (hell, and maybe some extra target stands too), that'd help me out a bunch.

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/keepmovin.jpg

Slotback
06-17-2005, 17:32
I am going to try to be there. I have shot at Allcorn Creek. It's not fancy, but it is nice. Be sure to pack plenty of fluids.

May I suggest checking grocery or furniture stores for big boxes to tear apart and use as backers.

Those directions are very accurate. Print a copy if you aren't familiar with the area.

Kinny
06-17-2005, 19:36
Depends if I come back in time from China or not. If I come back on a Friday, then I'm definitely in.

45g21
06-17-2005, 21:01
Justin

College Station Area

Glock 33, Glock 31 (maybe by then), Ruger Mark II, Ruger Redhawk .44mag, Colt HBAR, AK47, Remington 870 12 Gauge

I will work on a picture.

geminicricket
06-17-2005, 21:05
I'll make room on my schedule and try to be there.

It's not too far out of the way to meet some folks, and since I do appreciate all the condolences so many people extended to me through cyberspace last week, I'll take opportunity to extend handshakes and, yes, hugs in real life.

cmb2874
06-18-2005, 01:39
I shall be there. And I believe my father will be coming.

Clint Barr & James Barr
North Dallas Area

1 Kimber Eclipse .45
1 Kimber Warrior .45
1 Glock 35
1 Glock 17
1 HK USPc 9mm
1 Rem. 700 .308
1 Savage Tactical .223
1 Cav Arms SBR .223
1 Berretta Defender 12 Gauge

and maybe:
1 Colt M4A1 .223
1 HK 91 Clone .308
1 JP Custom 6.8mm

All will be available for everyone to shoot.
I would also like to jump on a carpool or drive one if possible.

Clint Barr
214 585 2347

A GIANT pic of me and the mrs. I def. got the good end of the deal! The pic is about 2 years old, I have gotten a lot uglier and she hasnt changed a bit.

ZR2Chevy22
06-18-2005, 13:34
I think I missed the time... what would be to time for this?

Andrew

AggiePhil
06-18-2005, 13:49
Good call, Andrew. A time might be the only thing I forgot to include. ;i I might have done it on purpose though, cause it might be best to see who all is going to be coming from where and then pick a time based on that. I would probably say sometime around 10:00 or 11:00 though. It'll take the DFW and San Antonio folks somewhere around 3 hours, and I'd hate them to have to leave earlier than 7:00 or 8:00. Unless they're just complete masochists and would WANT to leave at 6:00. ;i

What do y'all think about a time?

Slotback
06-18-2005, 14:58
10:30 or 11. That way the DFW/Houston/SA/Austin folks don't have to get up too early.

AggiePhil
06-18-2005, 15:00
Originally posted by Matt19
10:30 or 11. That way the DFW/Houston/SA/Austin folks don't have to get up too early.
Let's say 11:00, then we can take a lunch break at 1:00 or 1:30. Sound good?

Altaris
06-19-2005, 21:40
I may have a new job here in the coming weeks(would have to move too), so I have to see what happens with that before can say yes or no.
Being an Aggie, I know how to get there, and if the new job doesn't get in the way I will be there.

Wildpony
06-19-2005, 21:45
Are we just to call you "Wildpony" and recognize you by the horse's arse?

Sorry about that Phill...Thanks for pointing that out to me. Ill now make the proper reparations.

Sorry Folks...Im Colby and Im from College Station TX and Ill be there with bells on. :cool:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/Red455ed/100-0003_IMG.jpg

Ghetto
06-21-2005, 13:58
I'll be there!!!

I'll bring my Glock 23,Glock 35,Kel-Tec Sun2000 and whatever else I buy between now and then ;f

I'm coming from Kemah (20 miles South of Houston)

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/22/img_2811.jpg

Excuse the goofy smile but I couldn't stop smilimg after shooting my first MP5 ;a

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/22/img_3016.jpg

The 27 is gone bit I got a brand new 23 to replace it with ;f

richardh247
06-21-2005, 14:18
OK, all, I am in AZ, but I need a semi-vacation. Are of out-of-staters welcome too?

If so, I will need a pick up at the airport and drop off, plus a hotel room, all of which I will graciously tip for. I can fly from Phoenix to any airport if someone is willing to give me a ride from the closest hotel to the range and back (and have some beers on me afterward!).

My name is Richard, and my friend's name will be either Camy or Jennifer (or both). I will not post pics of them on the Internet, however, but I will of myself.

Kimber 45 Custom II

Ruger GP 100 357 mag

Weatherby 270

M1 Garand ('52, GI, H&R original)

Kalishnikov AK pistol (AK-47 in pistol format)

Benelli Tactical Nova

S&W 500 6"

Springfield 1903

Bushy AR15 and 10

(Dunno if I can get these all on the plane)

Any and all are welcome to shoot any of my guns, but no Wolf ammo or lower than factory standard. No rollies.

Also, I only have use of one leg, so I will probably sit there and drink beer more than I will shoot. But I know both Camy and Jenn will take full advantage of the offered course. KEEP HANDS OFF OF THEM, lol. I'll even buy lunch (steaks!) for everyone. I need a vacation.

Can anyone point me to a good airport where you'll pick us up Friday night and then drop us back off on Sunday? I'll pay you for the effort. Also need a good hotel; nothing fancy, just a bed and place to shower and have coffee.

Are us outsiders welcome?

ETA pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/richardh247/bdaypartyandM1016.jpg

AggiePhil
06-21-2005, 14:51
Richard, I'd bend over backwards to make it possible for you and your friends to attend. Being very familiar with the area, I can provide all service that y'all will require in the BCS area. However, the closest airport is Easterwood Airport in College Station, and unfortunately, it's rather small and only has American Eagle flying in and out of it. So you and your gang would have to fly in to an airport with American Eagle service to College Station (CLL), and then catch that hop. I see that AA wants you to fly from PHX to DFW, then from DFW to CLL. Perhaps some of the DFW gang here would be willing to help y'all get from DFW Airport to a hotel, then carpool with ya down to the shoot, then back up to DFW the following day? Guys...? :cool:

Delta
06-21-2005, 16:17
Ok Aggiephil

I can be there, I will take off work to get there.

Guns I am bringing, ALOT
AR's
shotguns
Glocks
Colts
Sigs

I have a few other guys up this way that will want to come to, so we can carpool like we did the last time.

Is this range NFA friendly?

Bill

rattfink1
06-22-2005, 00:03
Delta,

I may have to follow your carpool. Maybe even participate, depending if the wife is going or not. She is not very trusting of people. I live in Stewart Peninsula area. Were do ya'll shoot. Im am a member of the Bullet Trap and soon to be a member of The Dallas Pistol Club.

Texas T
06-22-2005, 17:05
Brian from The Woodlands

Not sure that I can make it as I won't know my schedule until about 10 days out.

Couple of rifles, couple of Glocks may find their way to BCS with me, but I really need to get to the range soon so that I don't embarass myself in front of everyone. ;J

How close is parking to the actual line? Will the vehicles be within sight at all times? I'm not comfortable having a bunch of weapons stashed in the car if I can't see it.

Also, is this open to non-GT members? Some of the folks I ride with may be interested.

T

http://www.thorn.org/images/guns/brian-barrett.jpg

tgrim
06-23-2005, 19:29
I’ll be there. I have about 25 IDPA paper targets to donate.
Tony Grim – Lago Vista (Austin) Texas
G 19
Kel-Tec P-11
Beretta 84FS (for sale)
Mossburg 500 Bantam 20ga. (BYOS-no slugs)

All but the Glock available for loan (sorry, carry weapon)

Don’t have digital picture

tgrim
06-23-2005, 19:38
Found a pic, hope it posts OK

06-24-2005, 00:19
I've made it to the DFW meet at Backwoods, the (1st) NFA meet at the Trinity and meet in Andice, I suppose I could make this one too... ;f

I only have a Mossy 12ga, Glock 32 and a MAK 90 at the moment.

Anyone else in the Lewisville area wanna car pool?

EDIT : I guess it would help to read the original post huh?

Name : Kevin
Firearms : See above, feel free to shoot em!
Image : its an old picture and my wife looks nothing like her ;)

http://home.swbell.net/o1ooo1o/kevbrit.jpg

AggiePhil
06-24-2005, 07:49
Guys, RichardH247 is looking to FLY into DFW Airport from Phoenix on Friday, and I'm wondering if anybody in the Dallas area would be willing to help him get set up with a hotel there (and transport from DFW to the hotel, whether it be a hotel shuttle or you picking him up or whatever) and then let him bum a ride down to Bryan and back the next day. Thanks.

Also, what do y'all think about having each person pay a couple bucks extra (exact price depending on how many people show up) for us to have that banquet room for an hour or so lunch? I think it's worth it for the A/C. I'm gonna try to get something lined up for food too. Still working on that one...

AggiePhil
06-26-2005, 23:09
Originally posted by Texas T
How close is parking to the actual line? Will the vehicles be within sight at all times? I'm not comfortable having a bunch of weapons stashed in the car if I can't see it.

Also, is this open to non-GT members? Some of the folks I ride with may be interested.
Hey, what happened to the picture of you riding a motorcycle and wearing a drysuit? ;)

To answer your questions, the firing line is very close to the parking area. The cars will probably be about 50 feet from the firing line, and all will be visible. You won't have to worry about not being able to see your car. :)

And yeah, we'd love to have anybody come out! However, I'd like to maybe keep it contained to direct friends of GT members, so we're all still interacting as a group. I remember at the Andice shoot, apparently some AR-15.com folks got invited, and it wound up segregating into basically two different shoots at the same site. Since I haven't run this by the owner and since I'll be giving him a better attendance estimate (based on posts here), it might be best to not wind up with two different events at the same place. But yeah...I'm certainly encouraging my friends to come. ^c

Kinny
06-27-2005, 16:22
Originally posted by Ghetto
I'll be there!!!

I'll bring my Glock 23,Glock 35,Kel-Tec Sun2000 and whatever else I buy between now and then ;f

I'm coming from Kemah (20 miles South of Houston)

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/22/img_2811.jpg

Excuse the goofy smile but I couldn't stop smilimg after shooting my first MP5 ;a

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/22/img_3016.jpg

The 27 is gone bit I got a brand new 23 to replace it with ;f

Hi Ghetto. If schedule permits, I may be able to offer the carpooling services. I'm in the Friendswood area, so it's relatively close to you. Bad thing is I'm not sure if can make it because I'm in the middle of planning a trip. I will know as time progresses.

UNT Glocker
06-28-2005, 01:45
Name: Justin
Gun: G34
I'll post a pic later

I would like to go but I would really need to get a ride

Texas T
07-01-2005, 09:23
Originally posted by AggiePhil
Hey, what happened to the picture of you riding a motorcycle and wearing a drysuit? ;) It was too big so I substituted a more appropriate shooting photo.

AggiePhil
07-05-2005, 13:41
OK guys. The shoot's coming up in a month. Time to start bringing things together a bit and finalizing it all. I'll do a "roll call count" later on tonight if I get a chance, but for now, I wanted to check on a few outstanding things I saw in the thread. I want to do whatever possible to make sure as many people can come as possible, but I can't do it alone. :)

Originally posted by davevand
I'll be there. Definitely need to room.
Have you found a place to stay and maybe people to stay with?

Originally posted by UNT Glocker
I would like to go but I would really need to get a ride.
Have you found a ride yet?

Originally posted by Altaris
I may have a new job here in the coming weeks(would have to move too), so I have to see what happens with that before can say yes or no.
What wound up happening with all that?

Originally posted by richardh247
OK, all, I am in AZ, but I need a semi-vacation. Are of out-of-staters welcome too?

If so, I will need a pick up at the airport and drop off, plus a hotel room, all of which I will graciously tip for. I can fly from Phoenix to any airport if someone is willing to give me a ride from the closest hotel to the range and back (and have some beers on me afterward!).

My name is Richard, and my friend's name will be either Camy or Jennifer (or both). I will not post pics of them on the Internet, however, but I will of myself.

Also, I only have use of one leg, so I will probably sit there and drink beer more than I will shoot. But I know both Camy and Jenn will take full advantage of the offered course. KEEP HANDS OFF OF THEM, lol. I'll even buy lunch (steaks!) for everyone. I need a vacation.

Can anyone point me to a good airport where you'll pick us up Friday night and then drop us back off on Sunday? I'll pay you for the effort. Also need a good hotel; nothing fancy, just a bed and place to shower and have coffee.
Richard, did anyone ever step up to the plate and try to help you with airport pickup and transportation to Bryan? Guys, if anyone could do this, I think it'd be really nice, esp. since it looks like Richard's willing to pay quite a bit to come to this.

richardh247
07-05-2005, 14:52
OK guys. The shoot's coming up in a month. Time to start bringing things together a bit and finalizing it all. I'll do a "roll call count" later on tonight if I get a chance, but for now, I wanted to check on a few outstanding things I saw in the thread. I want to do whatever possible to make sure as many people can come as possible, but I can't do it alone. :)

Have you found a place to stay and maybe people to stay with?

Have you found a ride yet?

What wound up happening with all that?

Richard, did anyone ever step up to the plate and try to help you with airport pickup and transportation to Bryan? Guys, if anyone could do this, I think it'd be really nice, esp. since it looks like Richard's willing to pay quite a bit to come to this.

No, sir, no takers yet. No biggie if it can't happen.

UNT Glocker
07-06-2005, 11:28
Not sure I might get my brother to go with me and drive

But otherwise I would appreciate it if someone in my area could help me out, id be willing to help with the gas

davevand
07-06-2005, 11:53
I guess I should have been clearer with my response. I think that we definitely need the room with AC.
I live on the NW side of Houston, so it's a fairly short drive for me.

07-06-2005, 14:34
Not sure now if I can make it or not. Found out just now I'm being sent to New York for a couple weeks starting July 25th, which means I'll probably be flying back on the 6th of August.

AggiePhil
07-06-2005, 22:39
Here's what we have for a Roll Call as of 07/06/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) Soldat
3) kjm1016
4) kjm1016's wife
5) Wildpony
6) davevand
7) rattfink1
8) ShipWreck
9) Matt19
10) 45g21
11) geminicricket
12) cmb2874
13) cmb2874's father
14) Ghetto
15) Delta
16) tgrim

Might be attending:

17) Kinny
18) ZR2Chevy22
19) Altaris
20) richardh247
21) Texas T
22) 0100010
23) UNT Glocker

Kinny
07-07-2005, 09:30
Chances of me attending is getting slim now because I may not get back until saturday night. Sorry guys. I really wanted to attend. :(

AggiePhil
07-07-2005, 13:25
Sounds like there isn't quite as much interest as I'd hoped for and as people had expressed in the unofficial "Time to plan another Texas GT shoot" thread.

tgrim
07-07-2005, 13:35
15 sounds like a lot to me. Especally with a shotgun side match. I assumed we would do all this in one day. I'd like to head back to Austin by 5PM.

Will there be "safety officers" or this an informal shoot?
That is... it takes time to run everyone through a stage.

just my $.02
Tony Grim

AggiePhil
07-07-2005, 14:29
I'm not sure what you mean by shotgun side match. There won't be any "range officers" per se. It's an open range where you just have to conduct yourself responsibly. Everything is in view of the range shop though, so I'm sure they have to tell people to quit being stupid from time to time. But what I like about ranges like this is you can do whatever kind of shooting you want to, not just the stupid "stand there still and fire at the target downrange" kind of thing. But about the shotgun stuff and "stages"... There IS a separate shotgun area with clays and traps and whatnot (not something that I'm into), but we don't have any firm plans for using that. I'm sure you could do it if you wanted to, but I'm more interested in "practical shotgun shooting" on the pistol range, where you shoot at stationary targets on the ground rather than flying clays. Not sure if that makes sense...let me know if I can clear this up any further. :)

Delta
07-07-2005, 18:53
Here's what we have for a Roll Call as of 07/06/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) Soldat
3) kjm1016
4) kjm1016's wife
5) Wildpony
6) davevand
7) rattfink1
8) ShipWreck
9) Matt19
10) 45g21
11) geminicricket
12) cmb2874
13) cmb2874's father
14) Ghetto
15) Delta
16) tgrim

Might be attending:

17) Kinny
18) ZR2Chevy22
19) Altaris
20) richardh247
21) Texas T
22) 0100010
23) UNT Glocker

Phil

add C-Doc to the list and add UNT Glocker for a definite, he is car-pooling with me down there.

My truck is full now, but if people want we can caravan down and terrorize the villages as we go through....;f

B

AggiePhil
07-07-2005, 19:01
Great!! Here's the updated list as of 07/07/05.

1) AggiePhil
2) Soldat
3) kjm1016
4) kjm1016's wife
5) Wildpony
6) davevand
7) rattfink1
8) ShipWreck
9) Matt19
10) 45g21
11) geminicricket
12) cmb2874
13) cmb2874's father
14) Ghetto
15) Delta
16) C-Doc
17) UNT Glocker
18) tgrim

Might be attending:

19) Kinny
20) ZR2Chevy22
21) Altaris
22) richardh247
23) Texas T
24) 0100010

tgrim
07-08-2005, 07:37
Thanks for the explanation. I was trying to get a feel on how this will go down as I have never attended one of your events.

The “shotgun side-match” is what the club I shoot with calls practical shooting with a shotgun. We set up a standard pistol type COF using steel instead of paper targets. Then with a shotgun we naturalize steel targets / poppers. I guess they call it a side match because it uasually follows the day's IDPA shoot. So it's an extra (uasually one COF ran twice for best time)event to the IDPA shoot.

I am a safe shooter. The “safety officer” comment was to determine if this will be a “competition” shoot or just messing around with guns. Either way, I’m in.
tg

allanc
07-08-2005, 07:54
Heck, since my buddy Delta will be there, I guess I'll come along too! I'll be bringing a bunch of guns. ;)

Delta
07-08-2005, 16:10
Awesome Allan

It will be good to see ya again, lets rock the house....

see ya there

B

Soldat
07-09-2005, 09:20
I just got a new job. I think I can get that weekend off, but don't hold your breath.;)

AggiePhil
07-09-2005, 12:07
Oh man Soldat. I had you on the Definitely Attending list. Guess I'd better move you to the Maybe list. ~sd

Slotback
07-09-2005, 15:14
I am working on a couple of friends to see if they would like to come. Just for the hell of it. They are Glock owners, but one doesn't even own a computer, much less is on Glock Talk!

Sounds like a one hell of a day coming up.....

Sunscreen - check
hat - check
Ammo - check
gun - check
water - check
Ridiculous grin - you're dang right!

I think I am just going to stick with my pistol on Aug 6. I have lots of pistol ammo, but not so much rifle ammo at the moment, and funding is tight at the moment.

AggiePhil
07-09-2005, 15:24
Guys, don't forget to tell people you see in GNG and other areas of GlockTalk about this. I think some people don't wander over here to LoneStar Glockers very often if ever.

And Matt, let me know what your friends wind up saying. I think it'd be great to get them out there. Might get em a little more hooked on GLOCKs and guns. :cool:

List as of 07/09/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) kjm1016
3) kjm1016's wife
4) Wildpony
5) davevand
6) rattfink1
7) ShipWreck
8) Matt19
9) 45g21
10) geminicricket
11) cmb2874
12) cmb2874's father
13) Ghetto
14) Delta
15) C-Doc
16) UNT Glocker
17) tgrim
18) allanc

Might be attending:

19) Soldat
20) Kinny
21) ZR2Chevy22
22) Altaris
23) richardh247
24) Texas T
25) 0100010

Slotback
07-10-2005, 10:44
Phil my friends are Glocksters and love to shoot.

AggiePhil
07-10-2005, 10:49
Great! The more, the better. Sounds like they need to get on GlockTalk. :)

ar15bubba
07-10-2005, 22:07
I am from the BCS area, a friend of Matt19s, and plan on being there with G21 and G27 in tow. The G21 is new and needs a good breakin shoot ^7

LonghornGlock
07-12-2005, 20:26
AggiePhil, count me as one of those from Texas who just doesn't get over to the state forums very much. I'm interested in coming, I'm from the Austin area and a big Longhorns fan(If you couldn't tell by my handle) so going to the dreaded land of the maroon is a little unsettleing.;f I'll see what the itinerary has for that day. I got a good buddy in Bryan that I haven't visited in a year, I'll see if he might be interested. Several goers had posted several firearms that interest me. Of course any GT'ers can try my crew out: RRA M4, SRH .454 casull, two Glocks, two Sigs, CETME .308, Yugo SKS, Steyr M9, CZ52, Hi-Power, and if anybody likes old military rifles I could bring a few of them as well, probably a nice M1 Garand as well.:)

AggiePhil
07-13-2005, 10:24
List as of 07/13/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) kjm1016
3) kjm1016's wife
4) Wildpony
5) davevand
6) rattfink1
7) ShipWreck
8) Matt19
9) 45g21
10) geminicricket
11) cmb2874
12) cmb2874's father
13) Ghetto
14) Delta
15) C-Doc
16) UNT Glocker
17) tgrim
18) allanc
19) LonghornGlock
20) ar15bubba

Might be attending:

21) Soldat
22) Kinny
23) ZR2Chevy22
24) Altaris
25) richardh247
26) Texas T
27) 0100010

Sherlock Glock
07-14-2005, 08:47
Put me down as a maybe, I have to check and see if I have a gun show that weekin. Also I am a certified Glock gunsmith. "Glock Doctor from Mesquite, Texas" If any one needs parts or service, I can bring my stuff. I'll bring lot's of glocks and two Kahrs, K9 and K40. I also have lost of targets that I can bring.

ShipWreck
07-14-2005, 17:37
Hey, maybe I missed it, but how much do they charge? A co-worker claimed that last year they charged by the hour. Will we have to pay by the hour?

AggiePhil
07-14-2005, 18:15
Yeah, it's in the intial post. They're only going to charge us the "member price", which is a flat $5. :)

Sherlock Glock
07-17-2005, 19:47
Phil, Change my maybe to confirmed.

If anyone wants to shoot any of my glocks, just bring factory ammo.
My G19 finally got broke in good (35,000+ rounds) My G37 Has about 8,000 thru it. My new G38 still has less than 500 thru it but it shoots great.
Tell me about the match we are having? Hope it does not require much movement. I am 60 and have arthritis.(also wieght about 400, I guess no pic is nessary, I easy to find.) But standing still shooting multiple targets is great.

Can't wait to meet some more fine Texans;a ;Y ;?

Laramie In MT
07-18-2005, 13:35
I just got a job this week so I need to find out about the date but I would love to come.

Just moved here last week and don't know anybody. Who better to meet than a bunch of gun nu...I mean, "firearm enthusiasts"!

AggiePhil
07-18-2005, 15:06
List as of 07/18/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) kjm1016
3) kjm1016's wife
4) Wildpony
5) davevand
6) ShipWreck
7) Matt19
8) 45g21
9) geminicricket
10) cmb2874
11) cmb2874's father
12) Ghetto
13) Delta
14) C-Doc
15) UNT Glocker
16) tgrim
17) allanc
18) LonghornGlock
19) ar15bubba
20) Sherlock Glock

Might be attending:

21) Soldat
22) Kinny
23) ZR2Chevy22
24) Altaris
25) richardh247
26) Texas T
27) 0100010
28) bigblueyeddevil

AggiePhil
07-18-2005, 18:43
Originally posted by Sherlock Glock
Tell me about the match we are having? Hope it does not require much movement. I am 60 and have arthritis.(also wieght about 400
OK, no problem. It isn't going to be a match at all. Just a bunch of folks getting together to shoot a bunch of guns. You won't have to move any more than you might want to. Some people like to mess around and do shooting while moving stuff, which we will all be able to do. But nothing will be required. Hope that clears things up a bit. I can't wait to see all you guys out there.

P.S.-what do y'all think we should do about getting food?

P.P.S.-Richard, are you planning on coming or not?

Slotback
07-18-2005, 20:56
Invading a BBQ stand might be in order.

Laramie In MT
07-18-2005, 22:03

I still haven't had Texas bbq yet. I need to find a good place!

richardh247
07-18-2005, 22:12
Aggie Phil,

No idea yet. Will keep you posted. As it stands right now, no. No one has offered a ride to/from the airport and to the shoot, etc, and money is too tight right now.

AggiePhil
07-19-2005, 12:23
Originally posted by bigblueyeddevil
I still haven't had Texas bbq yet. I need to find a good place!
Yes! I know just the place! It's pretty close to the range too. I'm just going to have to figure out how we'll do it. It'd be best to eat at the BBQ place, but that'd throw a kink in the shooting, so maybe I can figure out a way that we could all take orders and have the BBQ brought back to the range to eat in the room we're going to rent out.

Also, can anyone help me get big sheets of cardboard so we can shoot em up?

davevand
07-19-2005, 13:27
Aggie Phil,

I have a pickup and will be drive up from Houston, if that helps.
How large does the piece of cardboard need to be? I have lots of computer boxes that I can break down (~2'x4').

I also may be bringing a friend with me if he is in town.

Dave

rattfink1
07-21-2005, 13:44
Im going to have to backout for that weekend. My company is sending me to Atlanta for business that week. Hope everyone has a good time.

UNT Glocker
07-23-2005, 13:22
Ok I’m still going Phil but my ride has changed instead of Delta, my brother will now be driving me down and he will also be attending the event.

Also what’s this ranges rules on ammo? As in do they have any problems with Wolf (steel case) blazer CCI (aluminum case) and factory reloads?

AggiePhil
07-23-2005, 16:57
what’s this ranges rules on ammo? As in do they have any problems with Wolf (steel case) blazer CCI (aluminum case) and factory reloads?
The range doesn't care what you use. However, if you're going to be shooting the ammo in other peoples' guns, you might want to think twice. I know I wouldn't let anyone shoot Wolf or reloads (unless they were my reloads) in MY guns. As a rule, it'd probably be nice to only shoot reputable factory ammo in the guns of others. But your guns? Shoot whatever you want! :cool:

JDM2126
07-25-2005, 10:32
New member-- will be there. Local , too. Have been to that range once. We're getting a good deal for $5.00. Can help with some cardboard, too. Bring your sunscreen and lotsa water!

HighVelocity
07-25-2005, 10:53
Put me down on the maybe list.

Gary
Fort Worth
G20, G23, AR15

AggiePhil
07-25-2005, 12:38
OK guys...it's approaching. ;f I'm in talks with a few members and it looks like we might wind up shooting from 11:00 to about 4:00 or so, then all going to the nearby BBQ place in a convoy, rather than try to bring the BBQ out to the range (which would be a bit difficult). Do y'all think it'll be alright ot eat beforehand and then have kind of an early dinner afteward?

Here's the latest list as of 07/25/05. Please let me know if anything on this is wrong.

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) kjm1016
3) kjm1016's wife
4) Wildpony
5) davevand
6) ShipWreck
7) Matt19
8) 45g21
9) geminicricket
10) cmb2874
11) cmb2874's father
12) Ghetto
13) Delta
14) C-Doc
15) UNT Glocker
16) UNT Glocker's brother
17) tgrim
18) allanc
19) LonghornGlock
20) ar15bubba
21) Sherlock Glock
22) JDM2126

Might be attending:

23) Soldat
24) Kinny
25) ZR2Chevy22
26) Altaris
27) richardh247
28) Texas T
29) 0100010
30) bigblueyeddevil
31) HighVelocity

UNT Glocker
07-25-2005, 14:33
About my ammo question, yea I was wondering for my use only not for use in other people’s guns. If I do use some else’s I would use the good stuff ;)

So if we are doing the BBQ after does that mean we are not getting the room? Or will we still be using it for a break?

AggiePhil
07-25-2005, 15:28
So if we are doing the BBQ after does that mean we are not getting the room? Or will we still be using it for a break?
I'm thinking that if we go eat afterward, the room will be unnecessary and I don't see everyone putting their guns up just to go inside for a cool down break. I think what would be more practical would be to plan on shooting from 11:00-3:00/4:00, then all going to eat afterward. If during the shooting, people want to go inside the A/C, you can always go inside the range shop, which is nice and cool and has stuff to buy (or pretend to be interested in buying ;)), along with a Coke machine and a table to sit down at.

UNT Glocker
07-25-2005, 17:01
Cool yea I was thinking that same thing about just going into the shop, so that now makes the cost 5$ again? Sweet more ammo :D

HighVelocity
07-28-2005, 12:45
Maybe this has already been addressed but since the thread is so long I'm going to ask....

Is this going to be more pistol or more rifle related or a little of both?
Are there reactive targets like steel plates to shoot at?
Are there rests available for shooting rifles from the bench? Target stands?

Thanks,
Gary

AggiePhil
07-28-2005, 20:38
Originally posted by HighVelocity
Is this going to be more pistol or more rifle related or a little of both?
More pistol/carbine/tactical shotgun (if you have them).
Are there reactive targets like steel plates to shoot at?
Nosir, but I imagine we could bring some if anyone owns them.
Are there rests available for shooting rifles from the bench? Target stands?
On the rifle range, yes.

Hope that helps some. :)

HighVelocity
08-01-2005, 09:00
Originally posted by Soldat
I just got a new job. I think I can get that weekend off, but don't hold your breath.;)

You better show up. ;z

Soldat
08-01-2005, 14:25
You better show up. ;z

Sorry guys I'm tied up with work and won't be attending. You had to pick the first tax free weekend didn't you.;) I hate working retail.

If any of yall are ever in the Austin area and want to go shotting feel free to drop me a line.^c

HighVelocity
08-01-2005, 14:29
That's a bummer. I'll fire some Doubletap for you.

Soldat
08-01-2005, 19:48

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/recoiljunkie/Gun-Word-Up---Part-1-53770.jpg

ar15bubba
08-02-2005, 10:31
How are we on cardboard?

There is a possibility that I will have a couple of dozen cardboard boxes this weekend.

Some are pretty big.

Let me know if I should bring them. The only way they wouldnt be available is if my friend wants to use them for moving, but he hasnt come to get them yet.

Slotback
08-02-2005, 13:47
Ah, they'll be in the back of your truck on Saturday.

ar15bubba
08-02-2005, 13:53
;I

Die Cardboard, Die!

Delta
08-02-2005, 16:25
Gentlemen

I will not be able to make the shoot... I will be on a plane to Seattle, Wa on Friday for work.

Good for my career, bad for the shooting...

Have fun guys

Take some good pictures

Have a good time.

B

AggiePhil
08-03-2005, 06:27
Originally posted by ar15bubba
How are we on cardboard?

There is a possibility that I will have a couple of dozen cardboard boxes this weekend.

Some are pretty big.

Let me know if I should bring them. The only way they wouldnt be available is if my friend wants to use them for moving, but he hasnt come to get them yet.
Yes, please do bring them. I've been meaning to contact a Walmart about getting some BIG scrap cardboard boxes, but haven't been able to find the time to do it. Perhaps someone else could do it?
Originally posted by Delta
I will not be able to make the shoot... I will be on a plane to Seattle, Wa on Friday for work.

Good for my career, bad for the shooting...

Have fun guys

Take some good pictures
Man! I'm sorry to hear that. But hey...if it's good for your career, that's definitely a great thing! ^c

Out of curiosity, is that going to change the status of any other members? I know a few had been planning on riding with you...

ar15bubba
08-03-2005, 11:15
As luck would have it, the friend called yesterday and want boxes. Hopefully they will not take them all. I will bring what is left over.

arrowdriver
08-03-2005, 14:53
Sorry not been able to commit until now. I should be there unless a crisis errupts at work.

Yeah I know I am kind of new around here, will post a hi somewhere else.

Name: Anders

Will bring my Glock 34.

Comming from Carrollton area, can bring one person if anyone need it, but due to my job I might be called at any point to come back to Dallas (doesn't happen often, but has happened). Not a lot of storage room tho since I drive an RX-8.

AggiePhil
08-03-2005, 16:28
So has your status changed to "definitely attending"?

Here's the latest list as of 08/06/05.

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) AggiePhil's girlfriend
3) Wildpony
4) davevand
5) ShipWreck
6) ShipWreck's friend
7) Matt19
8) Matt19's friend
9) 45g21
10) arrowdriver
11) UNT Glocker
12) UNT Glocker's brother
13) ar15bubba
14) JDM2126
15) HighVelocity

Might be attending:

16) kjm1016
17) kjm1016's wife
18) cmb2874
19) cmb2874's father
20) tgrim
21) Kinny
22) ZR2Chevy22
23) 0100010
24) AggiePhil's friend Tyler
25) AggiePhil's friend Michael

HighVelocity
08-03-2005, 16:42
So has your status changed to "definitely attending"?

At this point, if I don't make it, it'll be because I am dead. Today has been the day from hell.
I AM going to the Saturday shoot if it's the last thing I ever do!

FWIW, started today by falling through the ceiling into the master bathroom so now there's a Gary sized hole in the ceiling (scrapes and bruises only). Got pulled over for expired tags on the way to the hardware store in the Lightning that I needed to wash to go to the local lightning club GTG tonight. I didn't have time to go to the tax office for plates because I had to meet the banker at 3pm about my retirement account. THe banker was late so I sat there for 45 minutes. Got that over with finally, came home to meet up with drywall repair man. Phone rings, it's the banker saying there was a computer malfunction and they are missing six grand from my retirement account and I need to come back in. :soap:
While taking that call, 3 different clients called at the same time wanting my services for the same dates which are already taken. ;g
Of course no lightning GTG because I am here with the drywall dude.

Oh yeah, I am going to shoot something on saturday OR ELSE.

AggiePhil
08-03-2005, 16:56
Oh wow, HighVelocity. Sounds like you DO need a vacation. Look forward to seeing you there. ^c

OK folks, I just spoke with the range owner again for the first time in about 3 months. He said that we will be able to have our own pistol "bay" (which is basically a range pit--they have about three of these). Also, he said that he will work on the target stands between now and Saturday to get those in good shape for us. I'm still wanting us to bring some cardboard of our own though.

Additionally, he said that he is out of .40 S&W and .45 ACP ammo. Sounds like his ammo stores in general are running low. So my advice is to read through this thread, see what guns will be there that you'll be able to shoot, and purchase ammo accordingly, ahead of time. This will ensure that you don't get there, see something you just HAVE to shoot, and don't have ammo for it. I just got back from Walmart myself, where I spent a hefty little chunk of change on ammo for me and my girlfriend to shoot through any guns that people will be willing to let us shoot. Here's a look at what I walked away with:

75 rounds 12 ga. shotgun
80 rounds .223 rifle
50 rounds .357 Sig
200 rounds .45 ACP
100 rounds .40 S&W
200 rounds 9mm

So I think I'll be set. :cool: I look forward to seeing everybody there.

Delta
08-03-2005, 18:43
Spoke to CDoc last night..he has a software upgrade in progress Sat and Sunday at his work. He will not be there either on Saturday.

HighVelocity, you are not supposed to fall through the cieling man...

Are you OK?

Hope it turns out well Phil. I will be there next time that is a promise.

B

LonghornGlock
08-03-2005, 19:50
Sorry AggiePhil, but I won't be able to make it. I was reminded that I have an important engagement Saturday that I must attend(Going Fishin') with a good buddy. I'm sure ya'll will have a lot of fun, and some may want to stay late and visit the Chicken. Sigh, It's been awhile since I visited Northgate.

AggiePhil
08-03-2005, 20:17
And they begin to drop off the list... Nooooooo...

HighVelocity
08-03-2005, 20:32
I have cardboard so nobody is allowed to bail.

j_garcia
08-03-2005, 21:11
Dammit, forgot all about this event .doh! I've gotta work this weekend ,nooooooooo. My glock wants to be taken out for a good time !Lemme see if i can change up my schedule . Safe travels everyone nontheless .
j_garcia

Sherlock Glock
08-04-2005, 07:57
Phil, sorry but I have to back out. I had a mild heat stroke Sat, doc said stay inside till the weather cools down.

ar15bubba
08-04-2005, 10:30
Friend took my cardboard boxes, but on the way home I found 15 on the side of the road all broken down. So they are in my truck now.

huaco
08-04-2005, 20:29
I won't know until that day whether or not I can make that run but I will try my best if you need more people there. Is this helpful or not? If it's helpful for me to be there I'll do my best to be there and to bring some others if possible. I'd really like to meet up with some of you folks.

AggiePhil
08-05-2005, 13:08
Well folks, despite a few people having to back out at the last minute (this was expected), it looks like we're going to have a great turnout at the shoot. Just to recap, it's tomorrow, Saturday August 6 at 11:00 AM in Bryan, TX. Be sure to print out directions and the map, which are located in the first post on this thread. Here's a basic list of things you should probably be sure to bring:

1) $5-$10 for range fees
2) $5-$10 for BBQ lunch
3) *optional* $5 for ice cold Gatorade and water, which I will have on-hand for free
4) sunglasses
5) hearing protection
6) as many guns as you can bring
7) as much ammo as you can bring

I look forward to seeing everybody there and having a great day of shooting and hanging out. Thanks! ;Y

P.S.-is anybody bringing a 10mm gun that they wouldn't mind letting others shoot?

HighVelocity
08-05-2005, 18:07
I have some good sized cardboard boxes we can cut up to make some targets and I have a heavy duty stapler.

If somebody has one of those giant sharpie/marksalot markers we can draw pictures of badguys on the cardboard. HA!

I have to make a stop on the way so I may be a few minutes late.

I'm looking fwd to tomorrows shoot!

ShipWreck
08-05-2005, 18:29
I have some good sized cardboard boxes we can cut up to make some targets and I have a heavy duty stapler.

If somebody has one of those giant sharpie/marksalot markers we can draw pictures of badguys on the cardboard. HA!

I have to make a stop on the way so I may be a few minutes late.

I'm looking fwd to tomorrows shoot!

Go here and print some of theses (there are many, look at the ones in the middle of the page)

AggiePhil
08-05-2005, 22:34
A few people have asked, so guys, when you get there, just come on over to the group (it'll be obvious) and introduce yourself to somebody or find me. You can go into the range building and pay your $5 first, if you'd like. Be sure to say you're there with the GlockTalk group.

AggiePhil
08-06-2005, 08:22
Here's today's list:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
2) AggiePhil's girlfriend
3) Wildpony
4) davevand
5) ShipWreck
6) ShipWreck's friend
7) Matt19
8) Matt19's friend
9) 45g21
10) arrowdriver
11) UNT Glocker
12) UNT Glocker's brother
13) ar15bubba
14) JDM2126
15) HighVelocity

Might be attending:

16) kjm1016
17) kjm1016's wife
18) cmb2874
19) cmb2874's father
20) tgrim
21) Kinny
22) ZR2Chevy22
23) 0100010
24) AggiePhil's friend Tyler
25) AggiePhil's friend Michael

Eagle78101
08-06-2005, 17:43
Husband (KJM1016) and I had alot of fun. He brought his two Glocks, one rifle and his replica antique rifle "the assault rifle from another era". Kevin was the one with the beard, I was the one in the blue Izod style shirt, and Harry Potter cap.

I brought my Baby Eagle. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

AggiePhil, thank you for organizing this. Please, can we have another one?

AggiePhil
08-06-2005, 19:33
Wow. The shoot went great. I'd like to thank everybody who came. I think this one had the best turnout yet. :cool: I'd especially like to thank Matt19 and AR15bubba for the extra drinks, JDM2126 for the extra target stands, HighVelocity for being so cool, Matt19 for helping my girlfriend improve her confidence and shooting, and everyone who let me shoot their guns (I think that includes almost every single one of you). It was hot and it would have been nice for the range to have had more good target stands. But all in all, it was a great time and I hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Here are the pictures we took (along with a few that HighVelocity took) for y'all to enjoy. Feel free to post any that you think are particularly good here in this thread. I just didn't want to post all 30 here, so there's a thumbnail page for them:

http://www.phildorsett.com/gtshoot.html

And here's our big group picture. I hope I got everyone's name right. If I didn't, just let me know. :)

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtshoot28.jpg
(above, L to R): davevand, Eagle78101, arrowdriver, KJM1016, JDM2126, UNT Glocker, HighVelocity, UNT Glocker's brother, Michael (my friend), ShipWreck, 45g21, Matt19, WildPony, AggiePhil, AR15bubba, Lauren (my girlfriend)

HighVelocity
08-06-2005, 19:44
Thanks for all your efforts Phil, they really paid off today. I had a good time and it was great to meet some fellow GTers. Can't wait for the next one. <c>b

Slotback
08-06-2005, 19:51
Enjoyed it immensely. Phil, I am glad your g/f is more confident. Just let her know that if she keeps it up, she'll be a regular Annie Oakley in no time at all.

It was a great pleasure to meet all of you.

Rabbi
08-06-2005, 20:40
Looks like you guys had a blast, Sorry I missed it (But the Rabbi dont roll on Shabbos ;f )

geminicricket
08-06-2005, 21:39
How many shots completely missed the paper?

Wildpony
08-06-2005, 22:04
How many shots completely missed paper?

none of mine;Q ^3

Slotback
08-06-2005, 22:30
gemini: I saw a lot of shots that missed paper. Only because we set up a lot of boxes and blew them to smithereens. ;f

AR15bubba and I tossed many swiss cheese like boxes into a dumpster in College Station. Just to do our part to keep Texas beautiful.

ShipWreck
08-06-2005, 22:41
Had a nice time there..

Did you guys go eat after I left? Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I had a lot of stuff to do this afternoon...

AggiePhil
08-06-2005, 22:54
I think the best was when Josh (UNT Glocker's brother) was shooting my shotgun and I told him to take out the Shoot-N-C target. BOOM! Instant black to green on the whole damn thing. ;f

ShipWreck: Yeah, we all went to C&J's BBQ as planned. Delicious, as always. :)

arrowdriver
08-06-2005, 23:18
Good times. And lord am I sunburnt!! And the BBQ was excellent.

45g21
08-07-2005, 00:41
I had a great time guys. Special thanks to Phil for setting this up. Also thanks to everyone who let me shoot their guns. If anyone in the College Station area wants to shoot anytime send me a PM.

Justin

08-07-2005, 10:44
Glad you guys had a good time, I didn't make it back from NY until late Saturday night. I'll try and make the next one.

AggiePhil
08-07-2005, 11:54
Hey guys, who was the guy in the light gray shirt here?

http://www.phildorsett.com/images/gtshoot22.jpg

Slotback
08-07-2005, 12:20
That is my friend JC. He is a crack shot. He gave Wildpony a lot of help over on the rifle range. I don't know if you saw his targets at the end, but they had really improved.

Wildpony
08-07-2005, 14:15
That is my friend JC. He is a crack shot. He gave Wildpony a lot of help over on the rifle range. I don't know if you saw his targets at the end, but they had really improved.

On that note I'd like to personally thank JC and Matt19 for their assistance at the rifle range. I realy learned a lot and had a great time. Thanks to you guys for making this weekend not only entertaining but educational as well.

Thanks to Phill for organizing the shoot and being so diligent in coordinating the arrangements and bringing refreshments.

I had a great time and cant wait for the next "Lone Star Glockers GT Shoot".

davevand
08-07-2005, 17:49
It was great metting everyone, I had a great time. Thanks to aggiePhil for putting it all together.

JDM2126
08-07-2005, 19:58
AggiePhil, thanks for organizing the event. Am looking forward to the next one, somewhere else in our great state.

Target Shooter
08-07-2005, 21:22
I didn't know that this was going on. Now I find out about it.:soap:

ShipWreck
08-08-2005, 20:00
Originally posted by Target Shooter
I didn't know that this was going on. Now I find out about it.:soap:

Sorry, it had been planned publicly for quite some time. Maybe you can make it next time :)

Target Shooter
08-08-2005, 22:16
I will be there next time. I just haven't ever ventured into the State club house area before. There will be another one.

AggiePhil
08-08-2005, 23:21
I had a couple threads going in General Non-Glocking to hopefully catch some of the people who didn't make it to the State Club area. I'm sorry we missed you TargetShooter. Maybe someone will organize another shoot sometime soon. Perhaps within a month or two? :)

lastevolution
09-09-2005, 23:24
Any possibilty for a Fall Texas GT Shoot?

AggiePhil
09-09-2005, 23:25
Originally posted by lastevolution
Any possibilty for a Fall Texas GT Shoot?
Absolutely! You wanna organize this one? ;f

ShipWreck
09-10-2005, 08:01
I'll be there again. And it would be better, I think, since it won't be as hot as the last one.

Target Shooter
09-10-2005, 09:01
Im all for it.

45g21
09-10-2005, 12:52
Im in.

AggiePhil
09-10-2005, 23:09
Where do y'all wanna do it?

Target Shooter
09-11-2005, 00:09
Let me attend the next meeting of my gun club and see if they will lease the range out for a day. If they will we can have it in Temple at the Temple Gun Club. We have a covered 50 yard pistol range with 15 and 25 yard target positions and a 100 yard rifle range. There is also an area were we could sit up an Idpa type shot but it requires that the other two range areas to be shut down while in use. Let me know what yall think. Temple is located off of I35 at exit 299-305.
120 miles from DFW, 180 miles from Houston, 68 Miles from Austin.

ShipWreck
09-11-2005, 08:03
I'd like to do it where we had it before, or at arrowhead....

HighVelocity
09-11-2005, 08:42
Originally posted by ShipWreck
I'd like to do it where we had it before, or at arrowhead....

The last place was ok although, for me, with gas prices the way they are, another 500 mile round trip is not in the budget.

Temple I could swing.

Soldat
09-11-2005, 09:47
Name the time and place. Preferablly not a retail holliday and Temple sounds good to me. ;c

AggiePhil
09-11-2005, 11:32
Target Shooter,

How "formal" is the range in Temple? For example, I despise American Shooting Centers in Houston because they have real formal "Range Officer" policies where you have to stop shooting at certain times, can only shoot pistols on the pistol range (no carbine or shotgun), can't practice rapid fire, can't use a holster, etc. Just wondering how it is there. Not that that's the "end all, be all", but just out of curiosity. :)

Target Shooter
09-11-2005, 12:04
Generaly there is no Range officer but if they approve this then they might have a few other members present other than me and my brother. Just basic common sense safety rules along with a No Shotgun policy. The no Shotgun policy is the only bad part but we had some new Members (idiots) once that blew the new target boards apart along with the 4X4 supports on four seperate occasions leaving empty 00 buck shells allover the place. It is a fairly nice range with the covered rifle and handgun area. I hope that they will allow me to use the range for this type of event.

rem2429
09-20-2005, 13:54
Crap, look what I missed! I guess I should have come here sooner as well...Maybe for the next shoot I could make Temple, or make an excuse to come to aggieland, especially if it were a game weekend.

AggiePhil
09-20-2005, 15:50
Originally posted by rem2429
Crap, look what I missed! I guess I should have come here sooner as well...Maybe for the next shoot I could make Temple, or make an excuse to come to aggieland, especially if it were a game weekend.
Shoot...I think you mean a NON-game weekend. Traffic sucks on game weekends.

ShipWreck
11-12-2005, 22:10
Now that it's not 100+ degrees outside, how about we try to do another one of these shoots?

HighVelocity
11-13-2005, 05:49
Yeah! Drive North a little this time though. ;a

AggiePhil
11-13-2005, 16:35
I'm swamped until December 14. After that (over the holiday), I'm good! I'd love to do it toward the beginning of the Christmas holiday. :cool:

Wildpony
11-13-2005, 17:33
Aww! dang guys Id love to go. But, unfortunately I am going to be in Jamaika over the holidays. :cool:

ShipWreck
11-13-2005, 18:09
Pretty much any weekend will work for me...

lastevolution
11-16-2005, 13:14
Does the beginning of the Christmas holidays sound okay?
or how about next year? Sometime early January. A New Year Texas GT Shoot. Or would it be too busy that time of the year?

Location...I'd like to keep it at Allcorn.

HighVelocity
11-16-2005, 13:20
Location...I'd like to keep it at Allcorn.

If it's at Allcorn again I will not be able to make it unless I just happen to have work in HOuston that would put me in the area which is a long shot.

With gas prices the way they are a 500mi round trip in my 13mpg truck is not an option. ;g

lastevolution
11-17-2005, 11:38
Are there any other recommended ranges?

ShipWreck
11-17-2005, 11:41
I like arrowhead better, but it seemed to work ok at allcorn...

Target Shooter
11-17-2005, 13:00
Wasn't there some forgetful fool last september talking about having one in Temple^8
I have to check and see when our next meeting is at the gun club.

TexasGlock23
06-05-2006, 15:19
Shouldn't this be deleted now that it is come and gone?

ShipWreck
06-05-2006, 15:28
No, we need another one - this thread is to stay around to tease everyone until another is done :p

TexasGlock23
06-05-2006, 15:33
that is what I have started! It seems no one is interested.

HighVelocity
06-09-2006, 12:30
We definitely need to do this again. Please make it in North TX this time though. ;)

yardmonkey
10-17-2006, 11:33
I would be willing to go to the next one. I am sorry that I missed the first it looked like fun.

S.O.Interceptor
07-03-2007, 19:27
Holy resurrections Batman!!!!!! I was looking to see if I had that day off and was going to try to make it. Then I reread the first thread by Phil and it clicked. Phil hasn't lived in Abilene for a while, and I finally checked the original post date.

jasper371
05-20-2008, 15:53
When can we do another one of these? Its about time for one. :rofl:

ConroeTxCCW
06-19-2008, 09:42
Wow, I really need to check the dates on these things...

750SpiritRdr
03-06-2010, 09:59
Come on guys, lets get this thing back up and going....

JBandKB
05-10-2010, 20:54
Is anyone open to a meet at Elm Frork in Dallas? http://www.elmfork.com/rifle_pistol.html
pretty nice range, awsome shotgun sporti g clay complex to boot!

They have Reactionary steel and paper bays and are not strangers to club enthusiast.

I'm sure we can arrange a day of GT activities there. Catering is also viable for participants and family.

Critias
06-20-2010, 20:38
Is anyone open to a meet at Elm Frork in Dallas? http://www.elmfork.com/rifle_pistol.html
pretty nice range, awsome shotgun sporti g clay complex to boot!

They have Reactionary steel and paper bays and are not strangers to club enthusiast.

I'm sure we can arrange a day of GT activities there. Catering is also viable for participants and family.
I might be up for a trip to the range, as long as anyone else that shows up will promise not to laugh at me. :supergrin: It's been ages since I shot, so I know I'm gonna suck.

Chris Brines
04-25-2012, 00:44
I live in Houston and would be glad to meet you guys there (the place in Bryan I mean...Dallas is just a little too far...but hey, if I have time I may even be able to make it up there..never been to Dallas so I'd like to take a trip up there, this will give me a reason), especially since it is so far in advance. At this moment I have 2 Glocks (26 and a 23), a Mossberg 500, a Taurus Model 85 38 Special (that I am hoping to swap out for a Ruger SP101 or GP100 sooner than later), and an AR-15 (PSA Lower, Del-Ton Upper, M4, very basic, but a good gun..my first one).

Oh..just checked the date...looks like I"m well over a year late haha

GTS197
04-28-2012, 21:34
I live in Houston and would be glad to meet you guys there (the place in Bryan I mean...Dallas is just a little too far...but hey, if I have time I may even be able to make it up there..never been to Dallas so I'd like to take a trip up there, this will give me a reason), especially since it is so far in advance. At this moment I have 2 Glocks (26 and a 23), a Mossberg 500, a Taurus Model 85 38 Special (that I am hoping to swap out for a Ruger SP101 or GP100 sooner than later), and an AR-15 (PSA Lower, Del-Ton Upper, M4, very basic, but a good gun..my first one).

Oh..just checked the date...looks like I"m well over a year late haha

Yeah bro, this was started almost 7 years ago.

Wish we could get it together and have these 'Hometown' shoots a coule times a year.

On An Island
06-19-2013, 10:19
I was pumped about this thread until I saw the 2005 date.:holysheep:

Is there any interest in trying this again? I don't have the resources (time or contacts) to do it, but I'd sure be willing to supply a stocked 120 qt cooler of soft drinks, water and such to the cause. As long as I can get there in 3-4 hours, I'm game.

David
Katy, TX