Ex Ham Operator [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ex Ham Operator

Billster
06-18-2005, 16:09
I'm pretty new to the GT site and I was surprised to see The Ham Shack. I have been out of Ham Radio for about 9 years now since I moved to Fl. That's pretty strange since Fl has one of the largest concentration of Ham operations (although most are over 60+, I have a few years to go). I just wanted to say hi and say I never lost my love (and respect)of the hobby. When I lived in NY I made many good friends at club meetings , ham fests etc. Wish there were these forums available when I started out it would have certainly reduced the learning curve. Don't think the internet was around in 1979.

Anyway, thanks for listening and good luck to all!

Bill

ADDO
07-06-2005, 14:05
Come back to ham radio! With the new code free licenses, it is easy than ever. Florida is a great state for ham radio and you'll have no trouble finding a nearby club to help you get back into it.

Billster
07-06-2005, 18:25
Thanks for the reply. I'm doing the handgun thing now a few days a week. That's the new hobby. At least I don't have to worry about losing the antenna in a hurricane. My 10 year license is up next year. I'll probably renew it just in case.

Bill

uhlawpup
07-07-2005, 06:55
You do know that you can renew online using the Universal Licensing System, don't you?

Go to FCC.gov

Billster
07-07-2005, 17:28
I didn't know that, thanks for the information.

Bill

spamdog
07-18-2005, 23:02
I am comming up for renewal in a month or so.. anyone know if there is an added fee to renewing online?? Would be eaiser then filling out the paperwork I would think..

SpamDog