Firefox question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox question

harlenm
06-18-2005, 19:58
I have my home pages set on 4 tabs. When you hit home, it opens all 4 home pages in new tabs, so I know have 8 tabs open.

Is there any way to set it so that when I hit home, all 4 tabs are reloaded to the home page without having 4 new tabs open up?

Thanks

jhall
06-20-2005, 18:11
Id like to know if this is possible also. :)

lomfs24
06-21-2005, 22:26
first of all, I would like to know how to set up four different tabs with home pages.

Creeper1313
06-22-2005, 04:43
Don't know if there's a solution to the original poster's question, but to have multiple home sites, enter them in the Tools/Options/General/Homepage box separated by the "|" character (SHIFT+\).

EG:

www.google.com | www.glocktalk.com

Would make you open up both in tabs when you hit home.

jhall
06-22-2005, 04:46
lol. I didn't know it was possible either till I read the original posters question. Then it bugged me that I didnt have more than one homepage.

Now it bugs me that when i hit home it doesnt just refresh...;g

So, bewarned..

Anyway, open up the tabs that you want set as your homepages.

Then click Tools - Options - General and click 'Use Current Pages' under the homepage section.

Hope this helps!

Creeper1313
06-22-2005, 04:47
PS It's a shame this doesn't also work with bookmarks. That way I could set my Glock Talk bookmark to open the 5-6 GT boards I frequent most often.

Though it's not by using the home button, you can reload all open tabs by right clicking on the tab bar and choosing "Reload all tabs".

Furant
06-22-2005, 09:45
Originally posted by Creeper1313
PS It's a shame this doesn't also work with bookmarks. That way I could set my Glock Talk bookmark to open the 5-6 GT boards I frequent most often.

Though it's not by using the home button, you can reload all open tabs by right clicking on the tab bar and choosing "Reload all tabs".
What I've done is to give each Glocktalk forum that I frequent its own bookmark and I put them in their own bookmark folder. Then, when I go into my bookmarks, I select my Glocktalk folder and click the "Open in tabs" item.

Texas T
06-22-2005, 19:03
Originally posted by jhall
Anyway, open up the tabs that you want set as your homepages.

Then click Tools - Options - General and click 'Use Current Pages' under the homepage section.

Hope this helps! Very cool. You just saved me a bunch of time. 10-20 seconds AT LEAST! ;)

Still, it was something I didn't know before and now I've got it put into place. Thanks.

jhall
06-22-2005, 22:49
Glad to help Texas T! I'm learning more and more about firefox everyday. I love this browser. :)

And I must say I love high speed internet! (if you cant tell, i just got both within the last couple weeks.;f