kwa g17 magazine issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : kwa g17 magazine issue

vlazlow
06-21-2005, 21:14
I bought a KWA G17 earlier this month. As of late, I have noticed that a rattle inside the magazine that was not there before. I can feel something rolling around inside the gas reservoir. This pistol seems to shoot fine but does not seem to have as much power as before. Is this something I should worry about? I did find something on the net about a small tube that is inside the KWA magazines sometimes coming loose but does not effect the gunís functioning. I have been able to tweak the hopup and seems to have addressed the power/range issue. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this?

vlazlow
06-25-2005, 22:31
FWIW, I have discovered the problem with the rattle in my KWA G17 magazine. There is a brass tube, part # 219, that is inside the reservoir portion of the magazine. This tube had come loose. To disassemble the magazine you need to drift the two punch pins on the bottom of the magazine and remove the bottom block, part #222. I crimped the end of the tube and it now stays put. I used a clamp to apply sufficient pressure to reinstall the bottom block and tapped the pins into place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/vlazlow/ksc_glock_mag_diag.gif