Archiving digital pictures on a CD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Archiving digital pictures on a CD

sjfrellc
06-22-2005, 08:42
What software is best to transfer digital photos from a CF card directly to a CDR to archive them? I want that CD to be accessible on any computer. I suppose I should get Nero, but are there any other free and easy ways to do this without copying the files to my harddrive?

General Sherman
06-22-2005, 14:29
As far as I can tell transfer to the hard dirve is required to cut a CD with your computer.
But I am not a technical wizzard.

hwyhobo
06-22-2005, 15:00
Well, I can *pretend* I am burning them directly from an attached camera, but temporary files are still stored on your disk during copying.

BTW, why don't you want to store them temporarily on your hard disk? It is a faster and safer means for burning than depending on a much slower USB or Firewire connection.

sjfrellc
06-23-2005, 10:45
Temporary storage on the hard disk is OK with me. Its storing to a file I don't like because I was taking baseball pictures at about 350 pictures per session and knowing myself I hate to throw anything out. I never go back and prune my bad pictures out and they just keep piling up.
Piccasa seems to do the job. I don't know if I lose any data to JPEG compression though. I am under the impression if you move a Jpeg file around you lose some data.